Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
The double turn is either someone’s precious fluffy boy or it’s their version of mana screw/mana flood from MTG. A quirk of the core mechanics that allows weak players to occasionally beat stronger ones. This is to keep weaker players invested and not have them bow out after unending defeats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Considering getting into AoS and I’m fairly drawn towards the Kharadran Overlords. I’ve got the start collecting box, the admiral and Gundriks Profiteers from Warhammer Underworlds.
Is the big ship worth getting? Anything else worth grabbing for a starter force?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

Awesome advice guys. I’m considering another start collecting box and an ironclad. I’m an awful painter, but I’ll either try purple and gold, or orange, black and silver.

Cheers again.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

I’m given to understand the competitive problems began with Warmahordes, when it became impossible to get new players into tournament play.

Basically there were a dozen factions and most of them had three or four S-tier war-nouns (leader models) who altered gameplay so much that you’d lose almost all the time until you played against them two or three times and figured out the trick. So to become a competitor player you needed to play 120 plus games with your list to figure out how all your opponents worked or get stomped if you hit an unknown matchup. No units got obsoleted and the number of warnouns just kept increasing every cycle.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

I’m still partly convinced that the first draft of Age of Sigmar used the rules that FFG ended up using for Runewars as part of the FFG/GW partnership at the time, as both c9me out after the breakup.

Runewars had no background and AoS had a rules system basically written over a weekend.