Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Professor Shark posted:

Awesome, thanks

Feeling uneasy about the First Nations/ Native American inspiration now, though

it's more apparent on your guy than the full models, as far as I'm aware no existing culture ever rode giant spiders into war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Get yourself some white spray primer and a set of semy painter speed paint. Go with Velejo for metallics. You're also going to want matte varnish in a spray can.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Any news on The Old World?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Cooked Auto posted:

It'll happen when it'll happen in this case. Considering they're also busy with 30k 2nd ed and on the fantasy front redesigning Cities of Sigmar from the ground up.

There's probably some overlap between Cities of Sigmar and the armies of the Old World, I would think

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

I'd love to see something like hoards of scaven on round bases swarming around a movement tray of pikemen in perfect formation.

Maybe that's doable idk!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Holy poo poo those Scaven are a great deal especially if you're preparing for The Old World

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Talas posted:

Could someone buy one (or a couple) of these boxes in the UK and ship them to the US? Asking for a friend, he already knows people in the UK.

half of WarhammerBay is just this

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

the lil khorne symbols on the new giants make me want to slurp up a big bowl of Chaos Soup

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Cute gobbos just make me mourn for cute Orcs

rip my friends

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

A vampire count would probably run a better county than a Britonian, if only to make sure his peasents are healthy enough to feed off of.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Small dudes 25 mm, medium dudes 32 mm, big dudes, whatever fits

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Question about the S.O.B.s,. if they're in the destruction faction why does the big guy have khorne symbols? Can you still take them as mercs in any army? If not can you take them in a Chaos/Khorne army?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

How about the Gatecrasher? he's halfway to being a Slaaneshi gimp as it is

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Ok so presumably the Kraken Hunter works with Order factions

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Crossposting: anyone else get the impression that Sigmar's regime is *more* fascist than the Imperium?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

No, cause it heavily depends on the city and location.

Ok so fantasy Feudalism just like the Imperialism.

the extent in which the authoritarian tyranny can actually exercise power is entirely dependant on plot considerations!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well the best cities are not authoritarian tyrannies. By default none of them are supposed to be as they are supposed run by councils with elected membership.

What gives you the impression that Sigmar's Regime is more fascist?

The power of church state and economy all concentrated under one ruler and an army of brainwashed super soldiers who follow his every order.

and also the general aesthetic.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

While they are bad, their primary City Excelsis is still self governing and the KE have no more role in it's leadership then checking up on them to make sure none are traitors.

I'm sorry I called your benevolent sky daddy and his buff Bois fascist

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

neaden posted:

Did you ask a question just so you could get mad at everyone who didn't give you the answer you wanted?

No, upon first glance the Sigmarines did come across to me as more authoritarian than their feudal spaceman cousins.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Are they going to have the balls to give us a Not!Martin Luther

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

I do gotta hand it to James W., making the sexy elf subfaction into a sexy medusa faction was truly inspired

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

I rescued a Soul Grinder from eBay, judging from the website I can use this with Daemons or Slaves to Darkness. How feasible is it to ally with other chaos Armies?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

I think you mean badass

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Mors Rattus posted:

Its main problem in AoS is it costs 250 points, and what you get for that is a relatively fragile monster that can't decide if it wants to be in melee or not. Like, if it costed 150, it'd be pretty usable, but at 250 it's too unfocused and has relatively little defensive tech besides having 18 Wounds and a 4+ save. It can run and shoot, but its guns are only okay and it gets less Move as it gets shot. It has a pretty great range of melee attacks, but its ranged attacks and run-and-shoot seem to suggest it shouldn't be getting into melee, and "has great melee attacks" is not rare within Slaves to Darkness to begin with, while ranged attacks are.

Looks fuckin' cool, tho.

thanks for the breakdown sounds like he'll be a points filler untill I can collect the rest of the army. I'm getting the army box with the Demon Prince who I hear is also not great

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Will I get knocked for leaving out the big guy on the Chaos chariot?

he's just too big for it

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Just realized that half of the factions in AOS were "born on a mountain, raised in a cave"

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

MinistryofLard posted:

Nobody in AoS (or 40k for that matter) fucks. It's so absent it becomes a glaring omission.

40K at least has the same excuse as Japan, 80 hour work weeks

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Count Thrashula posted:

I can think of one reference to a space marine having a massive hog, but nothing about loving.

lol that the chemically castrated space marines gently caress more than the "Hedonites"

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

if this is how they bring back Chaos Soup then so be it

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

S.J. posted:

If they lean into Lizardmen and Skaven being the two high tech factions in the lore that would be awesome

Battlefleet Sigmar

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Start with Order Death Destruction and Chaos and branch out from there.

Nagash' flagship is shaped like his hat.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

I want Slaneeshi pleasure barges and just straight up Sharks of Khorne

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Yeah it does seem like the showed the designer into the room and made him watch it multiple times. And thats a good thing because this aesthetic is great and it fits slaanesh perfectly. Ofcourse I've seen people complaining that there is not enough boob and rear end on this models but those are angry pissbaby takes.

The male models could use more armor boobs

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Vagabong posted:

Plastic brettonians and tomb kings let's fuckkkking gooooooo

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Talas posted:

Chorfs in AoS will probably get the Lumineth treatment and be quite different from the old chorfs... and maybe a couple of battletomes per year, who knows.

Chorfs 2.0 were already quite different so it won't make a big splash wether or not they have hats

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Froghammer posted:

We still have no idea what Malerion is doing

assembling a team of IP lawyers no doubt

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Do lots of people want to collect a second gw fantasy game? Or wanting to drop aos for this?

Yes, maybe after I win the lottery tho.

I'm half expecting monsters and vehicles to remain on round bases if that does happen then there's plenty of double dipping in most armies

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Winklebottom posted:

GW created my perfect faction in Gloomspite Gitz so I'll stick with them. I just like seeing new models of things

they'd look 100 time better ranked & flanked 60 deep and you know it

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

All the stuff that's not ranked up would be perfectly fine on a round or oval base. Looks like maybe some of the old units came like that already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

moths posted:

I think part of WHFB's appeal was that it's relatable and somewhat grounded. Like, I get how tough a Kislev dude riding a polar bear is because polar bears exist IRL. Empire soldiers are regular humans with fancy hats. It's a real feeling place, where all these creatures live and have jobs and try to kill each other.

AoS's pan-dimensional sphere of battle universes feels to me like trying to relate to a pinball machine.
I felt like this untill I read up on some Planescape lore and I started to see what they were going for.