Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

IncredibleIgloo posted:

For those of you that are old enough to remember "Mighty Empires", the hex based grand strategy style game to help link your warhammer campaign games together I can report that Hexton Hills 3d files are really, really neat and allow you to do the same thing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gravenguild/hexton-hills-tabletop-campaign-map-tiles

Here are my first few printed out:

Saw this on twitter, I think this is the same set?

This is nuts. Very jealous.

https://twitter.com/Adam_Clark_/status/1572883524029648897

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

The Underworlds giant skelly's head/arm combo piece snapped for me while clipping it out. Luckily the head just tucked into a slot anyway so it wasn't so bad.

I almost snapped that two-hander skelly's leg too. It's such a narrow connector with a push peg on it.

To make the pegs easier, I shaved the tips of them down a little bit so they were conical and fit together better. I did glue everything afterwards though.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Lumbermouth posted:

I'm specifically thinking about the little marginalia guys from the Wildercorps Hunters box.

They're called Gargoylians and just kinda pop up around the Cities of Sigmar cities. They're supposedly just attracted to the faith of Sigmarites and just kinda appear in their settlements and follow them around. There's a bunch of weirdos in the CoS boxes.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Lostconfused posted:

They give examples of how they expect people to combine the rules, and guess what, they expect almost every game to use all of the rules. The modular thing has to be an idea cooked up by someone in marketing.

They have an example like "in a new book we can just say 'use these magic rules instead of the base magic rules' and voila, swapped out modular system"

No idea if they'd actually do that, but yeah I laughed at that graphic too.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Lostconfused posted:

They keep bringing up how the new darkoath are the opposite of cities of sigmar

Was the sigmar/chaos thing always this explicit or are they making it even more obvious about the parallels between "slaves to darkness" and cities/sigmar armies?

I think it's like, when everything was poo poo, Sigmar swooped in and 'saved' a certain portion of humanity, which became the Cities of Sigmar people. The rest were left in the chaos wastes and became the Slaves to Darkness.

So, the chaos humans are basically mad that Sigmar saved some, but not them, so now they're rivals. Or something.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Cooked Auto posted:

1st and 2nd ed 40k specifically required a third party to act as a judge, and even game master I believe.

I played 2nd ed 40k and don't remember that. I was like 14 though so who knows.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Funzo posted:

There has to be a points cost for this stuff right? There's no way they're going to let everyone have a Krondspine Incarnate for free right?

Since you can only take one manifestation lore, and that lore just has Krondspine Incarnate, it balances itself out because your opponent can get four individual powers? All the other lores (shown) have four endless spells to summon.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

Hmmm i wonder if skaven will have their own endless spells like a tornado of rats or something

I was checking Amazon, there's a box on there, specifically labeled as Skaven Endless Spells, with what looks like some lightning spires, a rat swarm and some magic bell. For $60.

These are pretty pricey additions. The sylvaneth wyldwoods are $51 each and that spell says you can have three on the board at once.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Scared to pre-buy for AoS4e because I don't know what will change. They might just have new Skaven Endless Spells with the reworks.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

The launch box being confirmed to be two spearheads is a great way to start the game. Legit playable right away. All of the existing vanguards/spearheads getting their own 4e rules too is fantastic.

One warscroll for the standard AoS game, and a modified warscroll for Spearhead balance is a neat way to do it.

It's nice to see that you can just buy one box and be able to play a mini-version of AoS. Like how Warcry just needs a single faction box to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

The double barrel jezzail from the video looks amazing