Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Did they mention anything about a new Sylvaneth book, or just the model reveals? My wife is thinking of jumping in with them, but I’ve heard the army just isn’t very good right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Did the year 1 subscription models ship out yet? I haven’t seen any announcement or anything.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I haven't even finished my Gravelords army yet, but the call of Tzeentch is strong. Good thing I don't have any money to buy more models right now.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

If the other side of that new Warcry box is good, I may be very tempted to finally get in to the game.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'm going to have a really hard time resisting buying some Tomb Kings.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I seem to remember rumors of a new Gloomspite Gitz book coming out at some point. Is there any information on that floating around? The "Oops all squigs" Christmas box looks fun.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Cooked Auto posted:

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1592910798640353281

For the ones wondering about a Gloomspite Gitz book, your prayers looks to be answered this week.

Hell yeah. I'd get an Underworlds warband too. I just got the Gnarlwood box, so more factions for that would be nice.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

That warband is a day one pre-order. I must have it.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

The nice thing about Gravelords is that you can go all in on a horde of 120 zombies, make it a more elite army with Blood Knights and some of the big centerpiece models, or anything in between. It's a really flexible book that will let you build an army that suits your particular play style.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

The renowned and amazing force of a unit of zombies and a corpse cart.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

If I'm looking for stuff in the GW web store, is there a difference between "Temporarily Out of Stock Online", and " No Longer Available Online?" I'm looking for Gravelords stuff, so I'm wondering if stuff got pulled for new packaging, since there's a new book coming out in the next few weeks.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's in the Flesheater Courts start collecting box which is still readily available and about $10 more than the Terrorgeist itself on Amazon.

I almost bought that box this weekend, but at this point I think I'll just wait for the new book to come out and see what's good. I'll almost certainly want a vampire lord on a zombie dragon at some point anyway though just because they're cool.

I'm really curious about what the new book is going to look like. I hope they make Black Knights not trash.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

So, new books go up for pre-order this coming weekend, or next? I'm guessing next weekend, with release the week of the 15th.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

There's an article about the Ossiarch Bonereapers on Warhammer Community that says that book goes up for pre-order next week, so hopefully the Gravelords book goes up at the same time.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I got my first learning game in today. My Gravelords against a friend’s Fyreslayers. We played at 1000 points on a small board and it did not go well for the legions of Nagash. My list wasn’t good to begin with and I just could not get any damage through. There’s a pile of rules to remember, and I’m sure we missed stuff. Still, it was fun to push our War Barbies around a table and roll dice. Looking forward to the new book, although I’m not sold on the Vanguard box. Are the cards worth buying?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Glad I decided not to get a huge blob of zombies. Looks like vampire heavy lists could be good, which is what I want to play anyway.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

That’s the current Seraphon book though right? Not the new one they announced? Seems like strange timing for a big army box.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

drat, I forgot they did that. That has to be annoying for people that don’t want or need the new models.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I would like to take this opportunity to state how much I hate assembling Grave Guard.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Are we getting AoS 4? Is that what that Winter book is?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Geisladisk posted:

No, AOS4 will be next summer.

That does make more sense. I wasn’t watching the stream and panicked a little.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

New points go live when the new GHB hits right?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

My Soulblight list, which isn't even close to a "Meta" list went up for 100 points or so. My Friend's Fyreslayers went up to where his list is 40 over now. Because obviously, they were just too good.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Mors Rattus posted:

I mean, Legion of Blood absolutely were.

I meant the Fyreslayers. I don't object to the SBGL changes at all.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce a "conscripts" type unit with less armor and holding spears or something.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Question about the latest GHB. I only get the Andtorian Locus benefit on a non-unique Hero Wizard that is 9 wounds or less, and if I have any wizards at all, I can't take the Nullstone Adornments enhancement. So worst case is really only having Wizards of over 9 wounds right? If I'm going to have Wizard characters I might as well try and shoehorn an Andtorian Locus in?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I really hope that new AoS Warhammer+ model isn't yet another Vampire Lord. They're like the AoS version of Primaris Lieutenants at this point.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Is there any place people recommend for online ordering of models? I usually look to Noble Knight because I can just go pick up my order, but they're out of stock on some things I'm looking for.

edit: I'm in the US.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Wonder how long it will take before the points get updated in the app.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

You can build an all Troggoths list in Gitz as well, ending up with a dozen models or so. There’s a also a March of the Ents list in Sylvaneth, with a bunch of Treelords.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Lucinice posted:

I'm looking forward to the old world reveal being a single resin miniature

They said there will be Big News, so maybe we'll get two.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Guess I'm buying more Sylvaneth. Do you actually need the Dawnbringers book to run an Army of Renown, or do they publish those rules separately?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I was really hoping they were going to hold off on that Sylvaneth box another week or two, but…:homebrew:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I went from vampires to angry trees and bugs. I do not regret my decision at all. The only downside is I’m just barely at 2000 points and don’t have any of the models for this new army of renown. I thought about also building a StD army but I think I’m all in on Sylvaneth with this release.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Friend and I attempted our first actual full A0S game last night. We only managed a couple of rounds before it got late and we called it quits, but it was still a good time. Looking at rules today we missed a lot of stuff, but that's ok.
Couple of questions about the General's Handbook. It says any terrain piece that doesn't have a warscroll is supposed to get a roll on the mysterious terrain table. So everything on the table gets an extra rule? That seems like a pain to keep track of.
Also, we can only choose Grand Strategies and Battle Tactics from the GHB right? No using the ones in your army book?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

grassy gnoll posted:

You could do the terrain rules, but they suck and they're an even bigger pain in the rear end than you guessed. I don't think I've played with them beyond the one time.

You can take strats and tactics from both the GHB and your army book, unless you're playing an Army of Renown. This season, that'd really only be the specialty armies out of the Dawnbringers books. Your army may also get some freebie battle tactics and strats to try to juice their rankings from the FAQs, so check those out at some point as well.

This is kind of a trick question: how many enhancements did you take?

Uh..whatever the app said I could take. I think it's 1 artifact, 1 command trait and a triumph.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

GW is still doing their 2 week preorder period right? So Dawnbringers book 3 gets released this coming weekend?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'm seriously contemplating getting some of the new Bretonians to build an FEC army with. No idea what conversions to do or how to make it look good, but it would be fun.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

If this is the stuff they’re just casually dropping on a Monday with no warning, the Summer King is going to be an insane model. Or at least I hope so. It is still GW, who knows what they announce Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Looks like some of the Christmas battleforce boxes are still available from Ebay sellers. Any recommendations on who to buy from if I wanted one?