Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Any reason to get a 4 way manifold? It seems like the only advantage is that you could use the vacuum pump to purge air out of the refill line instead of venting a tiny bit of refrigerant after opening the valve at the can.

e: maybe it's pointless? It seems like 4 way manifolds usually have bigger lines on the vacuum port to make it faster, or at least that's what the internet says in the HVAC tech world.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

6+ years ago I took the compressor belt off of my civic because it sounded awful and was dragging the motor down at an idle. I finally got tired of not having ac, so yesterday I threw a new denso compressor on along with an accumulator. There was actually still pressure in the system, which was nice to see.
Held vacuum (actually held it for 24h because I ran out of time to work on it), charged with 20.9 oz. It's underperforming a little, I'm only getting mid 50f in the center vent. Pressure was a little low overall (~10-20, 120ish @85f), and I never saw the compressor cycle. Once it kicked on while charging, it stayed on for as long as I was out there paying attention.

I've got a new expansion valve I didn't install, is that likely what's going on? I'd assume it's just a low charge, but I'm pretty confident it's not. I'm going to recheck pressure and see if it developed a leak while charging that didn't make itself known when it was under vacuum.