Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Stupid car ac question.

In my C10 I have replaced:

Evaporator
Condenser
Drier
Compressor
Low pressure sensor

The controls in the cab are new, I have reviewed the wiring and believe it is all setup. Because the condenser is an after market one I modified to fit the truck as getting an OEM one is a no go as no where has them including places like LMC truck, CPP etc…, I have bought a bead lock kit to make my own lines and have a bead lock line crimper. I have all the o rings and an adaptor for the R4 compressor to use non GM lines and finally some Nyloc Blue to lube the o rings.

Is there anything I am missing for making the lines and putting everything together?

Next question is what do I need to charge the system? The $50 Hazard Fraught kit and a can of refrigerant? Or do I try to find somewhere to do it?

Reason I am making the lines myself to begin with is no ac repair place was interested in making custom lines because hey the owner has been loving around with it and will blame us it it doesn’t work!!! That said it needs an alignment and most of those places will do charges as well but I would like to be able to test that is holds pressure as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Ehhhhhhh I will just try to get it charged. I made sure to get stuff that uses R134a since getting R12 is not happening. I just know that I will get there to be charged and it will have a leak somewhere and it won’t happen and I am back to plan b which is a cooler with a fan on it plugged into the 12v outlet.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

There is a place around the corner who are were all good to do it then they didn’t want to mess with my non oem condenser. Anyway I have the lines and the crimper so gently caress it I will make the lines myself and then have someone charge it and tell me it leaks. Since it has taken 4 attempts to get an alignment because it was booked in and then the machine is broken or the alignment guy is sick or we didn’t have time etc… I am just low on patience with professional shops.