Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

casque
Mar 17, 2009
So what do you do if your high side and low side pressures are both high and your AC only gets slightly cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casque
Mar 17, 2009

Motronic posted:

Empty the system. It's contaminated with something that's not supposed to be in there.

I'd be really curious how that happened, who was working on it, etc, etc and would want as much information as possible to inform my next decisions on how to prep the system before charging it again.

I'd be inclined to flush it. And potentially replace parts. But of course this all depends on the vehicle we're talking about. And whether you can determine if someone put anything with a sealer in there (which will trash the whole system if you drain it).

2002 Mercedes E320. I suspect the PO may have overfilled it with refrigerant because I bought it used 5 years ago without working AC and they said they'd just recharged it. When I purchased it I cleaned the "duovalve" which got the AC working just fine until this summer.

No idea if there's sealer there. I assume there's some refrigerant and while I've got a vacuum pump I'm not equipped to capture what's in there.