Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010
2002 Suburban with rear air. The A/C Clutch was out, but I elected to just remove the compressor as I couldn't tell its status. Got a kit from Rock Auto that came with this:

81onfpm71bL._AC_SL1500_

My accumulator just has the one port horizontal from the body. From the amazon reviews I assume I just use this one on my one port system, trasnferring the stud, and keep the top port (next to the stud as it exits) blocked off with the plastic insert it shipped with?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

The plastic insert for shipping won't hold up to HVAC pressures, it's just there to keep poo poo out / keep the desiccant from getting ruined if that's the dryer.

Thanks, kind of figured it was wrong one. Wierd they give you one of the studs but not the second one. Wonder if maybe there was a blocking plate or something that did not come in my box as the box top was just taped to the outside of the dryer. Luckily, its a cheap enough part anyway.