Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Apologies if this is a dumb question.

My BMW E92 has a moldy/mildewy smell coming out of the vents. It's worst when the HVAC first comes on but not very noticeable while it's running. I assume there is actual mold or mildew on the evaporator, unfortunately cleaning or replacing that is a $2500 job. I have seen plenty of guides about spraying cleaner in the AC intakes but I assume that is just going to make the smell go away for a bit since it isn't treating the source of the problem. I also saw this, which I guess I would need an HVAC technician to do, but is it legit? The thing already needs like 3k in paint work and if the HVAC is gonna be permanently moldy I'm just gonna sell the loving thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Thanks, I will try both of the above!