Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Last summer my 2013 WRX was blowing warm air. The shop couldn't find a leak, but the system was very low, so they refilled it and added UV dye.

About 10 months later, the car is only blowing cold on the passenger side, which leads me to believe I may have a faulty blend door actuator. There aren't any sounds that would indicate this, however (no clicking coming from the dash when I change the temperature up or down). The temperature on the driver's side will go up when I turn the heat on, but it won't go below ambient on the driver's side. Additionally, it seems to blow harder on the passenger side.

The AC compressor is also louder than usual when I turn it on. It isn't super loud from a cold start, but after a minute it starts to make a loud grumbling sound that doesn't stop unless I turn off the AC.

A friend of mine has a AC pressure gauge. At 65F ambient, the pressures read at about 60psi when the system was off. When I turned it in, the low side went down to 30 and the high side went up to 150, which I think is normal?

Any idea what the issue may be before I gave up and take it back to the shop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU