Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

PBCrunch posted:

Is there some new spec to the refrigerant cans that requires deeper penetration (lol) to pierce the can? I have real hoses but I was trying to avoid filling them full of dye. Am I going to need some kind of new tap for the end of the yellow hose on the gauge set going forward?

Yes, and they can suck to work with even though I appreciate the idea of it. I can’t remember where I got mine but I’d suggest Amazon or some other place with reviews that mention it works well on those cans. The idea is that the cans will seal when not being poked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

If you’re taking everything apart anyway, replacing all the o-rings wouldn’t be a terrible idea. A kit of o-rings (and a bottle of AC oil, that I’m probably sure you’ll need anyway, so you can lube the orings) isn’t expensive and then you don’t have to worry about which oring is leaking/will leak soon.