Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Can I use a stop leak/ sealant product that only says r134 on it in a r12 system? It does. It have any refrigerant in the product.

Also on 2 r12 systems I am looking at the only port I can find is on top of the compressors. The 92 Landcruiser appears to have been converted as the port on the compressor has an attachment and it fits a normal ac gauge. The port on the diesel JDM hiace is definitely still r12 - and it’s in the location the ship said they found the port to recharge it (and it worked just has a leak).

I have not added anything and will not until I know if it’s ok and I am on the right ports (hiace works just has a leak - landcruiser compressor comes on but absolutely NO cool air)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Charles posted:

Does that actually work?

Sealant? Being far from an expert I just know that in the right application it is a big "MAYBE"

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I successfully recharged my Land Cruiser which the system had obviously been fitted with 134 as the fittings worked. I did not recharge the camper it sold I sent a can of r12 with it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I still have a few cans of r12. 3-4 years ago fB marketplace I saw an ad with a literal sack of rusty cans and r12 as the title. No description but price was $50. Drove out to nowhere and this just rotting trailer with a brand new orange charger outside. Gave the guy 50 and got out of there. Sent a few cans with a camper I sold and had charged with one can but it lost half the cool after a month or so, charged an 80 series cruiser with one and it was ice cold, charged a mitsu Kei truck and it was awesome, have 4 cans left.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
So with computer sister you can just tap the side of the can and add it that way? For r12?

I have once can of r12 left, and a diesel van that the compressor turns on it just barely blows tepid cool if even that (but enough that I could tell on the 97 degree day I tried it).

Low miles and good chance it just has never had ac serviced in 30 years. Just anxious about tapping this last can if something went wrong or it didn’t flow right. Would just be nice to know the duster is an option down the line

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
About 80 degrees outside, low and high pressure are about the same around 75-80 psi. When running low goes to zero. Next steps?

everdave fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I vacuumed down the system, it went down to -29/30 after 2 hours it was around 28.

I filled with around 32oz r134, bc the Japanese sheet said 950ml for the dual ac system.

As of right now it is blowing ice cold but these are the pressures