Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I've had Reese's Take 5s for the first time recently. Really hits the spot. Chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, peanuts, pretzels. Great bit of texture. Immediately up there with Snickers for me, for much the same reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
thread bump reminds me i need to buy more of these, keep in my car.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Which giant bags of candy "for Trick or Treaters" did you buy this year? It was basically buy one get one free at Walgreens so I got the one with the Heath bars and the big bag with all the sweet/sour candy like Laffy Taffy and Lemonheads and such. I've been better in recent years of just getting a small bag of stuff and nothing more but the prices were so good this year on candy...

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Rick posted:

Which giant bags of candy "for Trick or Treaters" did you buy this year? It was basically buy one get one free at Walgreens so I got the one with the Heath bars and the big bag with all the sweet/sour candy like Laffy Taffy and Lemonheads and such. I've been better in recent years of just getting a small bag of stuff and nothing more but the prices were so good this year on candy...

I always go for candy that only seems to pop up in my life around Halloween. Whoppers, bottle caps, mounds, milk duds.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Narrator posted:

I've had Reese's Take 5s for the first time recently. Really hits the spot. Chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, peanuts, pretzels. Great bit of texture. Immediately up there with Snickers for me, for much the same reasons

It's the perfect bar, imo. Nothing comes close.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Rick posted:

we are staying home and doing movie night with the kiddo (Men In Black, he's never seen it but is into the SCP spooky classified government horror stuff) and I got nerds gummy clusters (nerds rope but a dot instead of a line), spooky reeces cups that are 1/2 chocolate 1/2 green like frankenstein!!! and the FOMO halloween M&Ms. They are cookies and cream flavored with a crispy center. I don't think the M&Ms are going to survive til movie night. It's like someone shoved an oreo inside an M&M. All three of us keep taking a few from the bag after we opened it to test it.

Also making pizza from scratch on movie night, probably one cheese and one garlic. Using the artisan bread in 5 minutes a day pizza dough recipe. Fluffy Sicilian/grandma/focaccia style dough.

If you want real deals on haloween or christmas candy just hold out until the week after the holiday. A lot of places have it 50-75% off starting the day after.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WITCHCRAFT posted:

If you want real deals on haloween or christmas candy just hold out until the week after the holiday. A lot of places have it 50-75% off starting the day after.

dont buy bulk candy to eat alone. please. gently caress sakes.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
fat rear end bitch fucker forum, w/ no teeth... and beetus. sad

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Smythe posted:

dont buy bulk candy to eat alone. please. gently caress sakes.

You buy it super cheap so you can throw it (sometimes literally) at work acquaintances and those who visit your house. For Halloween specifically I put a basket near the apartment mailboxes in the hall so everyone can grab a piece when they get their mail. Most of them don't participate in trick or treat Halloween night stuff but they will absolutely grab a tiny Snickers when they open their mail. Happy holidays you mirthless cohabitors!

Eating a 5 lb bag of Halloween candy at breakneck speed so you are ready to do the same thing with Christmas candy sounds like the kind of thing you would be forced to do in some obscure corner of Buddhist Hell

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

when they put the halloween candy on october september 1st i usually grab a bag of 100 grand fun size since i can't get any other time of the year, lasts me the whole month

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My problem isn't that I eat it too fast it's usually that I still have candy leftover to deal with in like march of the next year and finally make myself throw it out and feel guilty.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Snaking my kid's Halloween candy and just dropped in to say Tootsie Rolls are still the wax filler bullshit plugging a hole where candy is meant to be just like when I was a kid

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
regular tootsie rolls are trash tier but there are fruit flavored tootsie rolls that are my equivalent of candy corn, lovely candy that i will nevertheless defend.

----------------

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

yes the fruit flavored ones are the best. they should be the default instead of chocolate.

we got a bag this year that had the fruity ones, but it also had 2 kinds of chocolate tootsie rolls. they are different despite being allegedly the same. the ones with the twisty wax wrapper are better than the ones in the sealed plastic wrapper

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The big ones in foil are frightening and an overwhelming amount of tootsie

The short ones in wax paper are hard little bullets of That Tootsie Roll Taste that yank on your teeth

It's the long ones in the wax paper that are tolerable, the length makes for a more intriguing mouth feel and it's usually retained some bit of softness. Still tastes like tootsie roll, tho.

I had some pink lemonade ones that were decent.

When I was a kid, I became briefly obsessed with the vanilla ones because they were so "rare" that I convinced myself they were good. They were not.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

4 pages and no mention of Fun Dip. I'm disappointed.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Fun dip is real weird and I never really “got” it. It’s like Pixy Stix but with more work? Do people generally like it because of the powder or the stick? So many questions.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Also what is “chick o stick”? I used to get in my Halloween sack, but I never ate it because it thought it was chicken flavored

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

mlnhd posted:

Also what is “chick o stick”? I used to get in my Halloween sack, but I never ate it because it thought it was chicken flavored

I think it's similar to a Zagnut texture, but cylindrical instead of a bar?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

mlnhd posted:

It’s the inside of an butterfinger

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
tootsie rolls are good cept when they get a little melty and fuse to the paper, which is annoying

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Chick-O-Sticks are also infused with (vile) roasted coconut so they're decidedly different than Butterfinger.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'm usually a gummy candy (or licorice :unsmigghh:) guy but lately chewy Spree have been my jam.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Previa_fun posted:

I'm usually a gummy candy (or licorice :unsmigghh:) guy but lately chewy Spree have been my jam.

those are good, so are the chewy sweetarts.

----------------

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

finally got a bag of sour skittles with lime instead of green apple , in the wild

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
My favorite sour fruit candy ATM is the Airheads rainbow gummies. They are "rainbow berry" flavored which is not a thing that exists, but I put them in the same league as Sour Patch watermelon candy. It doesn't taste like an actual fruit, but it absolutely does taste "fruity" and is sour and sweet and it is good and I like it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yeah, they're actually a rainbow accessory fruit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I tried the Reese's Big Cup with potato chips in it and it was okay but you don't really get anything out of the potato chips other than crunchy.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I like the cups with the mini Reese's pieces in them

Both peanut butter cups and Reese's pieces are big favorites of mine so the two of them together

Well, it's divine, it's just divine darling

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Have you guys ever thought about buying 9 pounds of Toblerone? Well good news, its on sale!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H19CX8S/

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I don't see a Subscribe & Save option. Pass.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WITCHCRAFT posted:

My favorite sour fruit candy ATM is the Airheads rainbow gummies. They are "rainbow berry" flavored which is not a thing that exists, but I put them in the same league as Sour Patch watermelon candy. It doesn't taste like an actual fruit, but it absolutely does taste "fruity" and is sour and sweet and it is good and I like it.

drat this sounds so good I want some bad

a dreaded hamwort
Nov 12, 2011

Nikumatic posted:

dots are a grandpa candy but years ago they released BAT DOTS for halloween which were black as the night is dark and singularly flavored like blood orange and being a limited time new offering were fresh and springy and sweet and perfect instead of having the texture of melted tires please bat dots spread your wings again and fly into my mouth

These were delicious. They also made GHOST DOTS

I would also be remiss if I did not mention CROWS

You can still buy these I think. They’re actually a very dark green and will adjust the hue of your poo, which I think is a fine attribute for a candy treat

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

the christmas dots are great too

I think they have the same kind of thing in pink and red for valentine's day

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the christmas dots are great too

I think they have the same kind of thing in pink and red for valentine's day

Goddamn that's all the good flavors.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dots are so good but my liquor store doesn’t stock them and yes I’ve asked.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Smythe posted:

dots are so good but my liquor store doesn’t stock them and yes I’ve asked.

A travesty. What else are you supposed to soak in vodka to poorly simulate jello shots in a failed attempt to recapture the glory years of a misspent youth?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Usually I like a nice chocolate bar if I'm at the end of long list of errands to perk me back up maybe a milky way or something.
Really hits the spot.

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Got mike and Ike’s the other day as a special treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
a treat for who

----------------