Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

I gently caress with Mike & Ike’s still, but the balance was perfect before Strawberry was introduced. Wish I could find boxes with just the four other flavors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I've always been more of a Good & Plenty guy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Mike and Ike’s are candy corn with a different flavor

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

indigi posted:

a treat for who

Me

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Actually mike and Ike is jellybeans with a different flavor

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there was a brief period in elementary school where Hot Tamales and Fire Jolly Ranchers were used as currency, much like cigarettes in prison.

I prefer Lemonheads these days. and all the other flavors of 'heads (now no longer racist!)

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Q_res posted:

I've always been more of a Good & Plenty guy.

good & plenty own. theyve kinda turned into old ppl candy now which is ok with me.

indigi posted:

the gently caress are you talking about? they have nothing in common. WTF

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I used to be a Mike and Ikes guy, but I've pulled out 3 crowns with them so far and I had to stop :(

I still really like them. Teeth suck

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I used to be a Mike and Ikes guy, but I've pulled out 3 crowns with them so far and I had to stop :(

try reisens chocolate chews if you want to pull your crowns off real good . So tasty though.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

indigi posted:

I feel attacked by this post

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Mike % Ike is ok, but it's the same kind of thing as spicy cinnamon candy that isn't actually cinnamon flavored.

I will eat a Mike and/or Ike any day of the week but I prefer actual licorice. It is a unique flavor and very pungent.

Brawnfire posted:

I like the cups with the mini Reese's pieces in them

try the outrageous bar. it's reeses peanut butter + reeses pieces + carmel inside a chocolate candy bar.

has anyone tried the reeses with potato chips inside? sounds bad, like I do not trust a potato chip inside a reeses cup to not be a soggy oily salt crumb

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Same thing happened to my dad with a Sugar Daddy

The candy not some guy

----------------

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

there was a brief period in elementary school where Hot Tamales and Fire Jolly Ranchers were used as currency, much like cigarettes in prison.

I prefer Lemonheads these days. and all the other flavors of 'heads (now no longer racist!)

Oh man I should pick up some hot tamales.

----------------

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Mike and Ike is like eating gritty wax that dreamed about being a fruit once

----------------

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Got a milky way today and I enjoyed it. :yeah:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Mike and Ikes are to jelly beans what pringles are to potato chips.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Mike and Ikes are to jelly beans what pringles are to potato chips.

Are you trying to say that jelly beans and chips can be really bad or really good, but Mike and Ike’s and pringles are a consistent mediocre?

I don’t actually know that there are chips bad enough to be worse than Pringles but I’m trying to understand the analogy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

----------------

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

WITCHCRAFT posted:

try the outrageous bar. it's reeses peanut butter + reeses pieces + carmel inside a chocolate candy bar.

has anyone tried the reeses with potato chips inside? sounds bad, like I do not trust a potato chip inside a reeses cup to not be a soggy oily salt crumb

the outrageous bar is absurdly good, we were giving away minis for halloween and i probably ate 20 of them

reese's with potato chips has kinda small chip shards dispersed throughout so it's kinda in that middle ground between crunchy and gritty. not bad, but not better than just a regular ol' reese's pb cup

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

:hmmyes:

Keep a half-finished roll of these in your granny purse gathering lint for months.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Love.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the granny candy market is ripe for disruption. with the right marketing we can have grannies throughout America giving piss licorice to their hapless victims.

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

uber_stoat posted:

piss licorice

Oh man I haven't had salmiakki in years. I should order some online. The only place that sold it locally was a gimmicky imported foods shop that closed long ago.

That, and these motherfuckers

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My Grandpa used to give me Reisens which were just awful as a child but I developed a taste for them

The taste was loving Grandpa

Nowadays the taste is living Grandpa :smith:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Just had birthday cake Hershey's kisses

Jesus Christ that's... sweet.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

was in the checkout aisle and side-eyed some almond kisses but didn't take the plunge. those were the best part of my christmas stocking

----------------

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Target didn't have nerds rope, but they had this stuff. I think it's the same thing

i also got some good & plenty

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
That is absolutely tiny wonderful bits of Nerds Rope. I want more of the giant chewy nerds, I haven't seen those in a while. And those loving Sunkist crack fruit gem things :yum:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i just thought about chewy sweet tarts and my mouth flooded itself, ugh

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i ate too many sour smarties and now my teeth hurt!!

----------------

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Is there a quality alternative to Whoppers in the United States malted milk ball market? Anything? I love malted stuff but it's a pretty slim category

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Those malted milk eggs they have for Easter. It's like a Whoppers, but it has a M&Ms shell on it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Robin eggs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah you gotta stock up the day after easter but the malted eggs loving rule

----------------

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

poo poo, they ARE amazing.

What's better, a stale easter candy or a "fresh" Whopper?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if my grandma is an example, peanut m&ms can go in a crystal bowl for years without going stale

----------------

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Gummy bears are always better rock-hard in an open crystal bowl, too

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the divine geometry of the grandma candy dish concentrates orgone energy in the candy, making it a source of exquisite potence. but you must be cautious. i had an old cobalt blue glass depression era candy dish that i took from my grandma's house after she died. my cat knocked it off a shelf and the whole apartment was beset by howling ghosts for a month afterwards.

----------------

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I prefer stale candy a lot of the time. If it’s gummy, jelly, juju, starburst, Laffy taffy, now & later or anything chewy like that, it’s even better when it’s stale: lots of tactile mandible movement and sugar stuck to your teeth and the experience lasts a lot longer too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Is there a quality alternative to Whoppers in the United States malted milk ball market? Anything? I love malted stuff but it's a pretty slim category

if you get the malted milk balls from like the bulk section of a Sprouts or equivalent, with 1/2" coating of real milk chocolate instead of the melty trash they use on Whoppers (note: I also enjoy Whoppers) it's like a revelation. I love real malted milk balls so much

also check out nuts.com for a bunch of different varieties of malt balls