Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021
Since the last time I posted, here are the new pins I've received! <3 A mix of purchases, gifts, and trades~

]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

cardinale posted:

Look at this cute moogle pin I just got

This is adorable!

I am new to Final Fantasy and forgot the word for moogle and just skyped my friend all 'WHERE THE gently caress IS THE DELIVERY CAT' so it feels very relevant to me.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Zeenovos posted:

Since the last time I posted, here are the new pins I've received! <3 A mix of purchases, gifts, and trades~

oh my god please tell me where you got these and if they still have some for sale

i've been lurking this thread since the Limited Edition Collectibles subforum made the rounds last year. Most of my collection is just mass-produced stuff that i've picked up over the past 20 years of family trips to Disney World, but I've bought a small number of pins from other places, some of which I found through this thread. My most recent acquisitions are these:

that I got from Episode of Dee as birthday gifts for my younger sisters later this week/year.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
found some old enamel pins at a rummage sale

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

recently got a Wimpy (from Popeye) pin, it was a promotional giveaway from the Popsicle company in the 1930s

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

deoju posted:

There was a goon who did a run of pins of SA emotes ages ago. Like +10 years ago. Their name was kittylitter, dunno if they still post, or if they'd even remember, but the quality is good. I've still got my :q:.

Speaking of which! I have the run of those on my pin banner! They are mostly all in the lower left.

I mostly have Pinny Arcade Pins ( From Penny-Arcade ), which I don't know how the thread feels about them, but I have liked them. I have way too many at this point and really need to pare down my collection. Just a ton that I have accumulated over the years.

Some of them are apparently worth some money that I should offload, but for some reason I'm really attached to some, like the Leeroy Jenkins pin.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

I've been slacking off when it comes to pins lately, the newest additions I've got are the radiant eevee and kleavor pins at the bottom of my board here. But, I did just buy a sweet pair of poke pins from a nice goon that I'm hype for!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cloks posted:

recently got a Wimpy (from Popeye) pin, it was a promotional giveaway from the Popsicle company in the 1930s

:stare: holy poo poo

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

Argus Zant posted:

oh my god please tell me where you got these and if they still have some for sale

i've been lurking this thread since the Limited Edition Collectibles subforum made the rounds last year. Most of my collection is just mass-produced stuff that i've picked up over the past 20 years of family trips to Disney World, but I've bought a small number of pins from other places, some of which I found through this thread. My most recent acquisitions are these:

that I got from Episode of Dee as birthday gifts for my younger sisters later this week/year.

The Daft Punk ones were exclusive to the One More Time Zine hosted by Veridis Quo, but the ReBoot ones are definitely available! I got them from HazelGeek https://www.hazelgeek.com/

Also oh my gosh you got the Sailor Scout pins from Dee! I've been meaning to get my hands on Mercury

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

:stare: holy poo poo

yeah that's super cool. love the texture.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I got the goon pins in, my collection of Pokemon Nationals competitor and staff pins grows:

The new ones are the gen 8 starters pair, with a lot of shiny metal that didn't photo too well. They're super chunky and thick too, surprised they didn't put two pin backs on them.

and I got some from the Pokemon Center itself

These aren't totally a true enamel, I don't think, the colors feel like they're printed on in some fashion. That's how they can get the fine details and multiple colors next to each other without divisions it seems. The ponyta is a spinner pin (hence double photo) which I like the concept of but so far haven't been wild about the execution; I just wanted an official galarian pontya pin, even if it looks a bit neopets.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
all of those Pokemon pins are great but the ditto is especially great

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

Turbinosamente posted:

I got the goon pins in, my collection of Pokemon Nationals competitor and staff pins grows:

The new ones are the gen 8 starters pair, with a lot of shiny metal that didn't photo too well. They're super chunky and thick too, surprised they didn't put two pin backs on them.

and I got some from the Pokemon Center itself

These aren't totally a true enamel, I don't think, the colors feel like they're printed on in some fashion. That's how they can get the fine details and multiple colors next to each other without divisions it seems. The ponyta is a spinner pin (hence double photo) which I like the concept of but so far haven't been wild about the execution; I just wanted an official galarian pontya pin, even if it looks a bit neopets.

Yeah that looks like screenprint on enamel to me. How noticeable it is texturally tends to vary in my experience.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Showing a pair of pin boards I'm real happy with :kimchi:

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I assume some of y'all might still be on fangamer's mailing list: I just got the email that they're starting their own Pinverse thing. Which is all fine and good, but as some one who just cleaned out a ton of backer cards for pins, I'm not totally sure I dig all the extra stuff that comes with them. They also have two tiny 8x10 felt pin boards stylized to look like video game inventory screens for you to pin them to. My collection's way beyond that but I figured it's worth mentioning.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Showing a pair of pin boards I'm real happy with :kimchi:

Sideways-face-owl is delightful. Very nice boards!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Monthly cat pins from frost dragon designs been killin it

Some of the past few months:

Next month's:
https://frostdragondesigns.com/collections/monthly-cute-cat-pin-club/products/cute-cat-club

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

Turbinosamente posted:

I assume some of y'all might still be on fangamer's mailing list: I just got the email that they're starting their own Pinverse thing. Which is all fine and good, but as some one who just cleaned out a ton of backer cards for pins, I'm not totally sure I dig all the extra stuff that comes with them. They also have two tiny 8x10 felt pin boards stylized to look like video game inventory screens for you to pin them to. My collection's way beyond that but I figured it's worth mentioning.

Not gonna lie, I've been staring at some of those pins. Particularly the Drifter and the Junimo jar. :P

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021
New pins! :P

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

I'm going to need to know where that ice pop came from yesterday.

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

secretly best girl posted:

I'm going to need to know where that ice pop came from yesterday.

From BBCRE8! They have a blind bag listing https://www.bbcre8.com/product/moonie-popsicle-blind-bag

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
That's also a nice Sesshoumaru pin! (Yes, I am an old school Rumiko Takahashi dork, anybody else currently reading Mao?).

I've got nothing against Fangamer, they make great video game pins, I own a poo poo ton of them. I'm just in a quandary as to whether I need to hang on to all the cards and packaging from my pins. What do you guys do with it all?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Turbinosamente posted:

That's also a nice Sesshoumaru pin! (Yes, I am an old school Rumiko Takahashi dork, anybody else currently reading Mao?).

I've got nothing against Fangamer, they make great video game pins, I own a poo poo ton of them. I'm just in a quandary as to whether I need to hang on to all the cards and packaging from my pins. What do you guys do with it all?

Depending on what comes with a pin:

- backing cards either become bookmarks or get recycled. I keep the ones with cool art.
- packaging gets recycled or reused to send out pins
- prints / stickers go into their respect storage bins and used / held onto

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Monthly cat pins from frost dragon designs been killin it

Some of the past few months:

I love Herbert West cat there.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Turbinosamente posted:

hell yeah, i just read mermaid saga and ranma 1/2 was my introduction to manga

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Cloks posted:

hell yeah, i just read mermaid saga and ranma 1/2 was my introduction to manga

Awesome! It feels like nobody really talks about her stuff since Inuyasha ended, granted I thought Rin-ne sucked. I haven't ventured into ADTRW in years but I doubt there's a thread there for geeking out about her work.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Depending on what comes with a pin:

- backing cards either become bookmarks or get recycled. I keep the ones with cool art.
- packaging gets recycled or reused to send out pins
- prints / stickers go into their respect storage bins and used / held onto

Some good food for thought here. I keep eyeing up the figpin cases because they take up so much room. Perhaps I'll keep only the cases to the unusual and rare ones? Pretty sure no one cares about glitter sonic and the common dbz characters, versus spyro the dragon, the designer con mascot, and con exclusive orange dress hello kitty. I've already ruined much of their value by taking them out of the cases anyways.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Turbinosamente posted:

Awesome! It feels like nobody really talks about her stuff since Inuyasha ended, granted I thought Rin-ne sucked. I haven't ventured into ADTRW in years but I doubt there's a thread there for geeking out about her work.

I actually completed Inuyasha a few decades later and yeah I feel like the endings felt way more disappointing me to now than before had I read it as a kid.

Her latest series Mao is just OK...the FeMC does fight a little and her art still is very retro but still reliable. I feel like it's closer to a hobby than a serious attempt at a popular series from her.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Alder posted:

I actually completed Inuyasha a few decades later and yeah I feel like the endings felt way more disappointing me to now than before had I read it as a kid.

Her latest series Mao is just OK...the FeMC does fight a little and her art still is very retro but still reliable. I feel like it's closer to a hobby than a serious attempt at a popular series from her.

She remixed her cliches just enough to keep me interested in the mystery of who did what in Mao, I'm full on trying to "solve" it before the characters do. The female lead may be technically more active in fights, but she's still pretty sidelined and almost irrelevant plot wise and is doing the wish washy poo poo again of not revealing info/speaking her mind because she's too proper and doesn't want to rock the boat of the main character. Kagome did that poo poo whenever Kikyo showed up and it was annoying there too.

Probably should make a Takahashi appreciation station thread over in the anime subforum because boy do I have mixed feelings about the upcoming Urusei Yatsura anime remake too.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I have an Inuyasha pin preordered, I'll post pics when I get it!

In the meantime, omg this pinmail:

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

Turbinosamente posted:

If I'm not recycling them after clinging to them for too many years, I use backing/business cards as: