Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Bismuth posted:

The infrastructure of the world also supports this. When you see the cars in very old countries with buildings built long before the rise of automobiles, the doors still accommodate them, in fact in this shot you can see the door is even much taller than the car using it. Does this mean the car is tiny? I dont think so, I think this door is huge because it was meant to be used by a horse bodied man.

Bigass doors for bigass centaurs

How tall do you think little european cars are? That style of car is like 4.5 feet tall probably, any old door would be plenty tall.

Despite never having seen any of the Cars/Planes films I was actually thinking about this as I was falling asleep the other night, and I grabbed my phone and wrote the following down:
A horror game based on a Cars-like universe

You're walking along through the woods when you come upon a house with an old, battered carport. Within the shadows you can see an outline of a cartoonish old pickup truck, as you get nearer it slowly blinks it's eyes open, revealing it as a living car with big expressive eyes. It rolls forward a bit and smiles, says "Welcome to spark plug valley! Why don't you come closer so I can get a better look at you?"
You start to approach and the smile widens, mouth opening further, and you stop, and take a step back but before you're even sure what's happening a tongue shoots of the mouth and wraps around your legs. You struggle helplessly as the tongue starts to slowly pull you in.

You look for anything to grab onto and see that you're actually being pulled near a stump, and better than that there's a small hatchet embedded in the top. You let the beast pull you closer and as the axe comes into range you grab it and start hacking into the tongue. With the second strike the tongue recoils and releases you as the truck dashes forward, screaming and spitting blood.

You run backwards, holding the axe up defensively while looking every direction for a way out of this. You run for the house and just as you get on the porch the truck crashes behind you, collapsing half of the deck you're standing on. The truck screams incoherently and revs it's engine, backfires, and then the motor dies.

The door to the house opens and an old man walks out, "drat thing finally ran out of gas. Can't believe it took so long, never got more than 3 or 4 miles to the gallon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU