Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Lots of people running around with newbie avatars, how the hell can you establish your amazing Posting Brand™ with no avatar? Well you're in luck!

If you have a Stupid Newbie Avatar, post in this thread.

People will draw you something of their choosing, they can use your username as a basis, or maybe they just watched the 1993 smash NBC hit South Beach and will make you something based on that. It's up to the artist.

I set that picture as your new avatar using these buttons they gave me for some reason. Normal avatar rules apply: "Must be smaller than 180x180 pixels and no larger than 150kB. Only GIF, PNG, and JPG images are allowed. Images should be "work-safe"." Creators can get real fancy if they want, MSPaint or notebook doodle are fine too. Make it creative...or don't, I'm not your mom.

We'll go for a bit or until I get distracted by Loop Hero or until steam runs out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Spinz posted:

I don't know if I made it too small but I do think my Hot Karl Marx is kind of cute

Who is this one for?

It's amazing

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
No newbies remaining in this thread as of now

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Jabberlock posted:

I used to but it went away. hope i still qualify

technically I'm suppose to change it to something that someone draws for your username but Das Boo's submission is so good I went with it

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Spinz posted:

I don't know if anyone wants this this is an original picture I drew messing around with my alcohol markers

This is great. I gave it to this person:

Also agree with this:

bitterandtwisted posted:

This is really good

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
These have been great. Amazing job everyone who has put something up. I saved a few not used so far for future things.

Spinz you are a fantastic artist. Loden Taylor, Jeff should put you on the payroll when people buy an account they can buy an avatar you make. Always brilliant when you show up to these threads.

This is loving great.

I think I'm caught up. Don't be afraid newbies!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

baby delivery truck posted:

My stupid newbie av turned into a dead image link one day and then eventually dissapeared I think? I miss the dead image link....

Some admin at some point in your 14 years of being here accidentally added img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif' border[/img that ' border to your stupid newbie link.

I'll give ya something

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Fruits of the sea posted:

I can’t stop thinking about piggy number 3 :ohdear:

I added a 3 to someone not in this thread :)

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Junk posted:

another low post count cat 4 u

edit: gently caress beaten

Sorry Junk, I really dug Droogie's cat.

Snipe the next newbie with, what I assume was, a neon cat.

Neon Cat Crew

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Fantastic contributions while I was away for a sec. Nice job. I think I'm caught up on everyone with one assigned.

DGP Space Lion still needs something creative.

Still rolling along if any newbies want to drop by

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

I love this one. So shelley, now that you have it: post more.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Schweinhund posted:

they're hidden in dark mode because they're bright, rest assured you are still a stupid newbie

everyone stop using dark mode please, I did a super poor job on the edges of my avatar and it shows in dark mode

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Aardvark! posted:

i felt really smart cutting mine out on top of a layer of the forum color, then i had to do it all over again because it looked like poo poo when i remembered dark mode. down with dark mode

He-Man Darkmode-Haters Club

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Revins posted:

I made this and I'm sorry you don't have to use it

This is great and I immediately applied it.

I think I'm caught up?

Probably winding down today, if you are a newbie reading this, don't be afraid!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rabe Radbury posted:

Yes please! It's very important for me to build my own unique brand that is not a picture of someone getting punched.

War Wizard posted:

What if some of us never had a stupid newbie av because we were clever enough to minimally fill out the title field? :(

Still need submissions for these fine folks.

You know War Wizard, they took that ability away from signing up. I remember putting "sleepy" or something random in that field so I wouldn't be cursed with the Stupid Newbie. Radium got rid of that sometime after 2007.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Upgrade posted:

Want to shout out Timotheus for this sweet av.

That is fantastic.

Well done Timotheus

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Junk, repost the new neon cat

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Junk posted:

it was this one

edit: but its gotta go to someone with a really low post count

This person regged their account today and only has 1 post on the forums and it's in this thread:

Jungusman450 posted:

I am a stubid newbie and lurker

My username don't mean anything really

That's probably really low right?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Timotheous Venture posted:

Since you're being awesome and giving out all these free avatars I threw together a slightly altered version of yours. It's a bit more vivid and has fewer artifacts. Obviously there's no pressure to use it, just wanted to offer it as an option.

Hell yeah! Maybe it even looks good in dark mode and I dont have to cower from the darkness anymore

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

freemandela posted:

sure, why not

please give me something weird

(this is my 420th post)

Effective-Disorder posted:

I'm game if I'm not late to the party.

Piano Maniac posted:

10 years in, might as well get a gravatar 🥴

Misty Fog posted:

I'd love an avatar

Everyone else is caught up, these will be out last four victims customers for the thread.

I'll give all you creative people some time to get them sorted and we can sail off into the avatar sunset later today!

If you didn't get a chance to get in before the buzzer, no worries, I'm sure I'll be back around at some point with more free stuff.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Misty Fog posted:

Darn 1 minute too late!

:ninja: edit

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Alright, I threw a few bonus people after the timer closed, but now:

:siren: We are officially closed for Newbies :siren: I'll be back someday if you want to try your luck again. Maybe not newbies next time? Who knows. If anyone has any cool ideas for giveaways + art type things, please drop by my inbox. I always love giving poo poo away for art and effort.

MUCH LOVE to all the artists giving their time and art for people. I appreciate the hell out of you. You make this place better. Thank you to everyone who drew something, everyone who volunteered, everyone who just lurked and voted or something. Good rear end forum we got here.

If I hosed up anything in the panel with an avatar, PM me and I can fix it. Sometimes it's scary in there and I miss a tag or gently caress up a gang tag.

I'll leave this thread open another hour or so if anyone wants to drop some love to our artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Don't forget to love each other.