Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JULIA VS PENELOPE 3 3.26%
HANDICAP MATCH 16 17.39%
CEZAR VS PRETTY ORANGE 43 46.74%
ELITE VS ELITE HUNTER, SKELETON AND KING 25 27.17%
CODY AND BROCK VS FACTORY 2 2.17%
CAGE FIGHT 3 3.26%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I haven't watched Dynamite yet, but I'm clearing out my Google photos account, and found this classic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Awesome episode of Dynamite.

The MMA cage match was great. I love when matches like that start somewhat realistic then later pro wrestling stuff is introduced!

bartok
May 10, 2006

duckdealer posted:

Awesome episode of Dynamite.

The MMA cage match was great. I love when matches like that start somewhat realistic then later pro wrestling stuff is introduced!

Honestly shocked by how fun it was totally lost my poo poo at the Wardlowrana. I assumed it was going to suck based on the worked MMA matches I've seen in TNA.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

AEW hurt me last night. I laughed so hard at oc/wingmen I got a cramp in my face.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I haven't watched Dynamite yet, but I'm clearing out my Google photos account, and found this classic.

lmao

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

One of my favourite things about the show was Kaz busting out a full new moveset for the Elite Hunter gimmick and looking so smooth like he's been doing it for years. Which he probably has.

As someone who hadn't even heard of him before AEW it was great to see his years of experience being showcased. Oh and that springboard leg-drop ruled.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Frankie is extremely good and I love that they're using him in a main event level feud.

Also I thought Wardlow vs Hager was dumb fun and even though I've never watched much MMA in my life I could clearly tell that it looked far more like a gimmick wrestling match than like an actual MMA fight and that this was clearly intentional.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Wardlow/Hager was super fun and so incredibly well done.

Brock needs some new gear bc holy poo poo it looked like he was in a diaper.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Brock needs black trunks or long boys.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't know if it was the fabric or just how it was coloured, but yeah, real bad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brock needs to gently caress off promptly and learn how to work. That was the worst debut I’ve seen, outside of the WWE system, off the top of my head. Like Gary the Barn Owl debut in chikara bad.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

Brock needs to gently caress off promptly and learn how to work. That was the worst debut I’ve seen, outside of the WWE system, off the top of my head. Like Gary the Barn Owl debut in chikara bad.

I didn't think he was this bad, but I do think they need to send him to dark to get in a bunch of reps before they insert him into the story any further.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

coconono posted:

Bononi is still pretty green too, but at least he has his size to contribute

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Scarf posted:

Bononi's not green, he's just not good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Scarf posted:

Bononi got very enjoyable once he got his eye moused. Maybe they should do the same to brock.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Scarf posted:

He also has a genuine weirdo charisma to him.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just hate it because I hated when WWE brought Dominik Mysterio in out of nowhere and started putting him in segments instead of literally anybody else and this felt even more ham-fisted than Dominick did. If he takes a backseat and starts working dark matches and stuff after this debut then awesome! I just don't need to see this guy on TV every week because he's Arn's son.

I have to go re-watch last night's episode later, I missed the cagematch because of the sixers game and then played synthetik with a friend while dynamite was off to the side so I only caught glimpses.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bononi moves like a strip club heavy that's been in the coffee pot all night and is trying to throw your drunk rear end out and not shart himself.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I thought the lesser Anderson was perfectly OK and as long as they don't give him some sort of megapush then one nepotism appearance on Dynamite is no big deal.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Scarf posted:

Brock needs some new gear bc holy poo poo it looked like he was in a diaper.

I feel the same about Leyla Hirsch's white shorts.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
QT is supposed to be the heel but Brock taking the win and having that extended celebration with Arn just proved what he said about 2nd generation wrestlers and nepotism lol.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

QT taking the fall continues to prove that Ogogo is the only competent one in the Factory.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Long-Time Lurker posted:

QT is supposed to be the heel but Brock taking the win and having that extended celebration with Arn just proved what he said about 2nd generation wrestlers and nepotism lol.

Before his heel turn,, I couldn't give less of a gently caress about QT...

He's been pretty fun to watch in this little feud, and plays a douchebag really well. The bowling shirt and gold chain are so subtle but so great. He's really been the only one keeping me interested in the story at all

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Aaron Solow isnt very good either and he has been wrestling since 2009!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Davros1 posted:

I feel the same about Leyla Hirsch's white shorts.

There is only one real diaper wrestler, and his name is Jun Akiyama

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think Solow is good but he's caught in the heat vacuum that is his Cody/QT feud that is going nowhere.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Brock’s gear looked like some extremely jobber poo poo

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

a cyborg mug posted:

Brock’s gear looked like some extremely jobber poo poo

It was so poorly fitted I thought one of his two horsemen were gonna pop out

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

I bet Jungle Boy vs Kenny will be a very good match until somebody in the Elite interferes at 10:58 and Kenny wins at 10:59.
(Yeah see this is why Raw has had on overrun for 25 years. I'd love it if TNT got the stick out of their rear end on that one but can't win em all I guess).

I hear this complaint a lot and I'm not trying to go at you specifically, this is an honest to god question. Why are you (and other people) watching their clock while you watch the match? Do you check how much time is left in a movie constantly and then complain when you know it's about to end?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the Wingmen are the best act in wrestling.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Dwyane Wade did not come across as a natural host but I started to really enjoy him and The Cube after staying with it.

The second group of contestants were killing it compared to the first group

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dynamite was fun! I had no idea Wardlow could do a hurricanrana, the Darby handicap match was fun, and OC/Bononi was four minutes of total buffoonery, which is exactly what it should have been. The Julia!/Penelope match was way better than I was expecting too, given that Julia's super green and Penelope is really inconsistent.

I also really liked Andrade's promo, and it's really cool that AEW makes time for bilingual promos. It reminds me of Konnan laying out what it would take to develop a true latinx star in the US and bilingual presentation was like first on his list.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So what was everyone's expectations for Hager vs Wardlow? I went in expecting an absolute disaster and it...wasn't that? It was a bit plodding at times but there were more than a few periods where it was very entertaining.

How was the second hour? I fell asleep as the Cody tag started.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I did like the little touch of having Aubrey ref the MMA match dressed in all black.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Akileese posted:

So what was everyone's expectations for Hager vs Wardlow? I went in expecting an absolute disaster and it...wasn't that? It was a bit plodding at times but there were more than a few periods where it was very entertaining.

How was the second hour? I fell asleep as the Cody tag started.

I assumed that it was going to be the drizzling shits but after that flurry of strikes from Wardlow near the end of the first round I found myself having fun.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Akileese posted:

I thought it was about as good as a worked MMA match could be.

Hell it was more believable than the Paul/Mayweather fight

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dynamite was good. I was entertained throughout. No dud segments or matches.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

I did like the little touch of having Aubrey ref the MMA match dressed in all black.

they should make that the permanent referee look, zebra stripes belong on a field on in the ring

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Let's start lowering our expectations for the tag match with Vickie and Rebel. Maybe it will turn out OK too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
vickie is gonna do a frog splash