Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JULIA VS PENELOPE 3 3.26%
HANDICAP MATCH 16 17.39%
CEZAR VS PRETTY ORANGE 43 46.74%
ELITE VS ELITE HUNTER, SKELETON AND KING 25 27.17%
CODY AND BROCK VS FACTORY 2 2.17%
CAGE FIGHT 3 3.26%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

How's your guac game

Not bad, I actually use trail food instant guac powder that you just add some water to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Not bad, I actually use trail food instant guac powder that you just add some water to.

Sounds like it would go great on a microwave burger

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i am okay with the "beat champ to get shot" thing because it is exclusively heels that do it, faces always want to defend against strong challengers

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I saw microwave burgers in the shop yesterday and it made me think of AEW. they looked loving rank

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I got the stuff for my margaritas.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

margaritas are the superior cocktail

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I have to be honest, I used to really like those microwaveable White Castle berders.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm going to get some japanese fried chcken tonight. It comes with an amazing miso dipping sauce

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

margaritas are the superior cocktail

Jimmy Buffett is a prophet, IMHO. Jericho do the Jimmy Buffett gimmick.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I won't be watching live but I probably will be drinking margaritas.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Imagine not wanting to see not one but two Penta and Eddie v YB matches...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mons Hubris posted:

Sounds like it would go great on a microwave burger

:cry::cry::cry:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
What gateway to hell did you just open

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

........ I'm so angry right now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I have a visceral reaction to "slice of sauce"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP_ycNRcLTk&t=50s

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Stroker Ace posted:

I have to be honest, I used to really like those microwaveable White Castle berders.

Still do too

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is the worst thing that's ever been posted in this thread, or on this forum. I'm counting swap.avi in that, too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

thank god dynamite is tonight.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s kind of lazy booking and best used sparingly, and that’s what AEW is doing so it’s not really a big deal.

It's only lazy booking if you do some WWE-esque set of endless rematches to artificially extend a feud, but done right it can be a cool and interesting way of introducing new and unexpected challengers.

As a quick example a couple of years ago one of the most hype pro graps moments I've ever seen took place in New Japan when an exceptionally irate Minoru Suzuki just murdered Okada in some random tag match and demanded a shot at the belt.

Ban this sick filth.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's only lazy booking if you do some WWE-esque set of endless rematches to artificially extend a feud, but done right it can be a cool and interesting way of introducing new and unexpected challengers.

Yeah that’s the point, it’s lazy booking if you do it every single goddamn week and that’s basically how it felt in WWE because it seemed to be their favourite route to a challenger.

Like I said, AEW aren’t doing it week in week out so it’s not a problem but if it suddenly switches to them doing it for every loving potential number one contender it’ll be just as lovely.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

AEW "is this like WWE" question #1: Does it have Penta and/or Fenix in it? If yes, I'm happy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Stroker Ace posted:

Yeah they're neat.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

I have a visceral reaction to "slice of sauce"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Science has finally gone too far

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah that’s the point, it’s lazy booking if you do it every single goddamn week and that’s basically how it felt in WWE because it seemed to be their favourite route to a challenger.

Like I said, AEW aren’t doing it week in week out so it’s not a problem but if it suddenly switches to them doing it for every loving potential number one contender it’ll be just as lovely.

They also lay out the stipulation ahead of time, I admittedly haven’t watched WWE in forever, but my recollection. Is that the latter books the non-title match, the challengers win and then Michael Cole speculates whether this means they’ve earned a title shot.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
also if any team with penta or fenix involved is going to win the tag titles at all, it's going to be the actual lucha bros, not penta and pac, not penta and eddie, and lord knows not Eddie and PAC

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

What about Eddie and Frankie?

But yeah, if it's not Penta and Fenix then it's not getting gold. At best I'll accept a Death Triangle configuration that doesn't have one of hte lucha bros, as long as said lucha bro also gets a singles title.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm in the middle of a move and have packed all my food, cutlery, and dishes so there's a pretty good chance my Dyna-dinner is coming from 7-11 tonight. Bad burg solidarity.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm in the middle of a move and have packed all my food, cutlery, and dishes so there's a pretty good chance my Dyna-dinner is coming from 7-11 tonight. Bad burg solidarity.

Light the fuse...

(To explode your terlit)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1408887293079953409?s=21

Well that would explain why Best Friends haven’t been wrestling.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1408887293079953409?s=21

Well that would explain why Best Friends haven’t been wrestling.

we are never getting to the parking lot factory are we

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wonder what kinda timeframe there is on recovering from that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, Trent just keeps getting devastating injuries doesn't he.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Boy, Trent just keeps getting devastating injuries doesn't he.

All those stupid bumps he took in New Japan hoping he'd get injured in the ring are catching up with him.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Wonder what kinda timeframe there is on recovering from that.

Google says 3-6 months, but that’s probably not for people who fall down and get dropped on their head for a living.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Ah man, I was really hoping we'd finally get Best Friends Tag Champions this summer

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

blunt posted:

Ah man, I was really hoping we'd finally get Best Friends Tag Champions this summer

well at least this saves you from the disappointment of them just being booked to lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The trios belts are never coming because getting Best Friends and Death Triangle fully healthy and in America at the same time is impossible