Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

navigation
Sep 30, 2009
very worried that these posts are not using enough words to correctly frame all of the Important Nuances involved with these issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i feel pretty bad for jeffrey and what he's inherited lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mila kunis posted:

maybe he should solve half the problem and get rid of all these old lowtax approved mods and appoint some new ones. if they aren't lovely mods their subforums will want them back.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
cspam posters constantly qq about american imperialism and overseas military adventurism and yet they oppose some of the only factions doing something about it??? seems disingenuous to me.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Smythe posted:

cspam posters constantly qq about american imperialism and overseas military adventurism and yet they oppose some of the only factions doing something about it??? seems disingenuous to me.

we support it actually

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I want to give a shout out to ISIL

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Don't join them just wanted to say hey

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

A Buttery Pastry posted:

D&D has the official state funded terrorist recruiter, but I thought it'd be appropriate for C-SPAM to come together as a community to show that you don't need a state to change the world. Citizen terrorism, working within the system but thinking outside the box, is what's needed to bring terrorism into the future. Don't break the law, break the paradigm.
A new era of Open Source Terrorism, spearheaded by an organization I suggest we call Belligerentfeline.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

just give me teh bellingcash :homebrew:

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

frankenfreak posted:

A new era of Open Source Terrorism, spearheaded by an organization I suggest we call Belligerentfeline.

Longcat

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Trash Ops posted:

just give me teh bellingcash :homebrew:

:same:

I want a $400k a year salary for making a lovely podcast.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I can tell this is the terrorism thread cause your jokes are BOMBING

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
In twenty years the new owner of SA is going have to explain that they aren't permabanning you even though you *might* have provoked president Ebenezer Bush into launching missiles at Fiji with your posts.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm Osama bin Laden's younger brother Jerry bin Laden and I'm here to terror strike your local KFC bathroom with my drizzly shits.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

In twenty years the new owner of SA is going have to explain that they aren't permabanning you even though you *might* have provoked president Ebenezer Bush into launching fish bones at Fiji with your posts.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cant wait to die

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

mila kunis posted:

Any forum admin job is a nightmare. I don't think I've ever been to a forum site with more than like 25 posters that didn't inevitably have some dumb civil war about censorship or transparency or whatnot.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
If my s.o. gives me head and I bust a nut is it ok to refuse to reciprocate as long as I yell, "Take that Yankee scum"?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
bomb bomb bomb domestically (humor)

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
How do I join hezbollah?

navigation
Sep 30, 2009

In twenty years the new owner of SA is going have to explain that they aren't permabanning you even though you *might* have provoked president Ebenezer Bush into launching missiles at Fiji with your posts.

it might be good for you to educate yourself on how people leverage online communities for propaganda. it involves plausible deniability. it benefits greatly from the relevant community leaders having pattern blindness and ignoring harms that are not highly visible.

being flippant and ignorant of that type of harm is a flaw you have and has manifested in other situations where you’ve preferred to reduce the personal burden on yourself at the cost of people that (rightfully) hide themselves from your attention.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Cloaked posted:

it might be good for you to educate yourself on how people leverage online communities for propaganda. it involves plausible deniability. it benefits greatly from the relevant community leaders having pattern blindness and ignoring harms that are not highly visible.

being flippant and ignorant of that type of harm is a flaw you have and has manifested in other situations where you’ve preferred to reduce the personal burden on yourself at the cost of people that (rightfully) hide themselves from your attention.

https://interglacial.com/pub/text/Umberto_Eco_-_Eternal_Fascism.html

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

What should I read if I want to learn more about the theory of terrorism? Bonus points for queer authors.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
huh guess I'll just join isis

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

What should I read if I want to learn more about the theory of terrorism? Bonus points for queer authors.

https://twitter.com/nobody_stop_me/status/1169399139291082753?lang=en

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Yeah, I let the Aryan Brotherhood have a carve out in DIY, but I don't see how that could come back on me.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

If you think about it terrorism is just a reaction to more abstract art movements. Whereas say surrealism makes you have an emotional response by tapping the subconscious, terrorism responds through providing a hyper literal expression and can achieve a very authentic emotional resonance with the audience

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Let's get a donation drive going for the Naxalites

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, you all pay taxes

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Dolphin posted:

i mean, you all pay taxes

Historically, the best way to fund terrorism if you're American

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
If we’re all still posting here in 20 years we probably deserve to have a hellfire missle launched at us

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Wretched Of The Earth by Fanon is more about colonial liberation movements in general but it's what comes to mind

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

30.5 Days posted:

How do I join hezbollah?

I don't know what's the Hezbollah with you?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

If osama bin laden had posted here […] it'd have been kinda cool - what star power!

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
another year. another thread. another bellingcat audition.

the same 15 guys show up as last time, the veterans smoking, laughing, and telling stories, the newbies fidgeting. congratulations, the suits will tell one of them next week. we thought that of the entire group you were the most like the CIA by far. it is a strange but understanding brotherhood, this small circle of human impersonators.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

bin laden would post in adtrw. hell he already mightve

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Lets buy some airplanes and make this 9/11 anniversary special

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Check in LAN first if you'd hit another goon as that offense is far greater

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

a man so dashingly handsome and with that voice had to be banned from any and all broadcasting by the BBC

(they dubbed over any speech of his lmao)

my propaganda tax:
Some died by the glenside, some died near a stranger
And wise men have told us their cause was a failure
But they stood by old Ireland and never feared danger
Glory O, Glory O, to the bold Fenian men

I passed on my way, God be praised that I met her
Be life long or short, sure I'll never forget her
We may have brave men, but we'll never have better
Glory O, Glory O, to the bold Fenian men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday