Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Kinda want a Heckblazer shirt

https://twitter.com/dumplstiltskin/status/1409667086733832194?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh comics, I knew you Horatio.

https://twitter.com/Steph_Smash/status/1417146197773594625?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Phillips is writing Harley Quinn, right? What did she do correct to piss off this dork?

Probably just being a woman writing a comic was enough. I haven't read her Harley Quinn, maybe there's a panel where Harley is wearing sensible shoes, or is full clothed?

Kinda want this shirt now.

https://twitter.com/Steph_Smash/status/1417174458037678083?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Splint Chesthair posted:

Every Dilbert Comic I’ve Ever Seen:

BOSS: I’m asking you to do something stupid.

DILBERT: But that will be a huge waste of my time.

BOSS: I didn’t hear or understand what you said, because I am dumb and self-absorbed.

Yeah, early Dilbert was a pretty accurate depiction of working in an office.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

secretly best girl posted:

I mean, we're discussing a guy who went notable levels of insane in the Trump era when he already began at "Big Frozen Pizza is sending agents to grocery stores to hide my burritos so they fail" in the 90s.

I always forget he's vegetarian, since everything else about him screams "performitively talk about how delicious steak is when they realize there's a vegan in the room."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't he on the Neal Adams 'gravity is a conspiracy because the world is actually constantly expanding' brand of nutty?

Random Stranger posted:

No, more straight forward ultra-right-wing nutjob. I mean even before everyone that was right-wing in the US swung hard for ultra-right-wing nutjob.

He's both. Like third of one of his prose books is about the "Earth is constantly expanding" thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I would read the hell out of this.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/1391948687102775296?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Wait, does this mean Carnage is uncircumcised?

I'm pretty sure Kletus Cassidy is an American with protestant parents, so he's probably circumcised. No idea what the tradition around symbiote dick is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

Hey, I have my first paid comics writing gig, but I don't want to jinx it and I don't want to doxx myself. It's a very small thing but I'm excited to have my foot in the door unless I mega gently caress things up somehow. But hooray hooray for me.

Edit: I should clarify, writing ABOUT comics, I'm not writing a comic.

Good for you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

My kid's reading his FCBD haul and got to the Spider-Man story which has Ben as Spider-Man for a bit. He asked who that was and I said he was a clone of Peter Parker, then he asked me how that happened and I just kind of sighed and stared into space for a while. Not sure how to answer that one.

"it's a very, very long story"
"can you give me the short version?"
"not really, no"

Lol.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm glad I don't have kids so I never have to explain Ben Reilly to them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

As an educator I consider it my responsibility to educate everyone's kids about Ben Reilly.

I've got younger cousins, so do you have a power point I could borrow?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Man, why you gotta be that teacher

Kids need to learn the ugly parts of history too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

Don't threaten me with a good time!

I don't have siblings and I don't have kids, but I have a cousin with an 8 year old that I will probably give most of my old comics to at some point, and a lot of those star Ben Reilly.

How do you say to a kid "we need to have a serious talk about The Traveller"?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Senior Woodchuck posted:

You may be kidding, but yeah, I think that was a pretty dumb hedge. More fun if it's real.

But regardless, Peter and Theresa say it's real, and that's good enough for me.

It's a reference to when Peter's parents came back from the dead. They were robots built by the Chameleon to figure out who Spider-Man was.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is there anything with Carrie besides the Dark Knight Returns and it's sequels?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Uthor posted:

We're just doing the big arcs/cross-overs. It's a little uneven at times as an event will end with a bunch of stuff unresolved and the next thing we read will have all of that taken care of.

We actually got up to the early-00's, which were fairly slow paced, jumped back to Claremont/Simonson Inferno, which was packed with story, and then House of M, which left us going "nothing happened".

You should read Wolverine and the X-Men.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/jamesCportis3/status/1434240892047659010?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/kierongillen/status/1438526039160852489?s=20

Also, I don't think we need a new thread, but this thread needs a new title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Why is today Batman day? Is it Bob Kane or Bill Finger's birthday or something?