Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

How Wonderful! posted:

It worked for The Invisibles, kind of.

I can almost believe it really worked because I ended up buying that jerkoff spell issue of The Invisibles under semi-mysterious circumstances after I’d dropped out of buying comics for a while. I stepped out of my house without a jacket in the middle of a snowstorm one evening, and for some reason (because I was a dumb teenager) walked in no particular direction through the snow for an hour before I realized I was near the comic store I used to shop at. I went in and bought that issue of The Invisibles plus The Big Book of Conspiracies. Kind of spooky to me because I had no conscious intention of doing any of that.

But then I didn’t buy another issue of The Invisibles for a couple years, because that particular issue was in the middle of a storyline and was full of almost dialogue-free action with no explanation of what was going on. Maybe not the best issue to work that spell on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

I like House to Astonish and Wait, What? HtA’s schedule has become very irregular as of late though, so not really the best way to find out about new books.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

The Show was fun, sort of Alan Moore doing Twin Peaks. It’s pretty dialogue-heavy, but not in a bad way, just in a way that demands constant attention to catch Moore’s humor. I wouldn’t call it a must-see; it touches on Moore’s ideas about magick, art, culture, and dreams all being intertwined, but not in a way that plumbs any new territory for him, I think. Apparently it’s a sequel to a 2014 film called Show Pieces that I didn’t even know about when I went in to watch The Show last night, and it has an ending that suggests he may do further stories in the same setting.