Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Random Stranger posted:

This is really weird. I'm reading a collection of 2000AD Future Shocks. Alan Moore has one that is just the ending of the Stephen King short story "Maximum Overdrive". Now I'm wondering who was first...

Those are really fun. I got my wife the entire 2 volume compilation of them, not just the Moore ones, but Moore's definitely were the cream of the crop from where I've browsed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Madkal posted:

I would put Todd higher as Robin just for his role in For the the man who has everything.

Think pure thoughts, chum!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

drrockso20 posted:

Ex Machina is one of those comics that had an extremely good core concept but the execution wasn't particularly great

That's the BKV one with the mayor who can talk to machines?

I remember thinking it was decent but yeah, kind of have to agree with you. I don't even remember how it all paid off, just a few story beats like the guy killing snowplow drivers to paralyze the city and the main character bullshitting some woman about hearing an unreleased Nirvana song from space.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Gripweed posted:

I've been reading the Moore Swamp Thing recently and I gotta say, the part where Abby get arrested for sodomy so Swamp Thing conquers Gotham kicks so much rear end.

That has such a goofy conclusion where Bats points out that Superman is an alien, so him and Lois is equally weird, but I agree, their love was very provocative and Moore's sexual politics were always way ahead of his time.