Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Who is this character supposed to be?

And why would the Samuel L. Jackson pastiche Nick Fury have her inside a coffin in a warehouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ah, that would explain the Black Cat cover with the infinity gems which are never mentioned or shown anywhere in that issue. As a stand-alone issue it was a rather confusing affair, but the creative team of Black Cat generally delivers so I'll be patient and see where it goes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Soonmot posted:

Jr has been the only Nick Fury for like a decade now, I think, you can just say Nick Fury

I don't read many Marvel comics other than X-titles and Zdarsky/Ewing books, so I wouldn't know. The last Nick Fury I saw was the classic one about four years ago in Zdarsky's Spider-Man so it made sense to me to make the distinction. But now that I think about it, I remember it was possibly during a time travel story, so uh. Guess classic Nick Fury is long gone now?

Speaking of which, still no idea why Jr had this Star lady inside a coffin or what's the deal with her merging with the reality gem. What little there was on the two wikis I visited only mentioned the merging happened "behind the scenes" while she was in prison and there's also no direct correlation to what just happened in Black Cat, as Star had a short miniseries last year where she learned to control the reality gem and that plotline seems to have ended there abruptly (again, from wiki summaries). Is that it or have I missed something?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

site posted:

no her final scenes go from dipping on Spider-Man in a cemetery in her previous story to abruptly being in the coffin, as far as i know

The impression I got from the summaries was that the whole affair was super undercooked and I guess you just confirmed it. Hope MacKay can wring a cool story out of this weird status-quo.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

site posted:

iirc it was like, the watcher popped out of Fury's eyeball and told Fury he sucked at doing the watchers job and to get out of his house lol

What kind of moronic nonsense is this? I'm utterly baffl--

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Watcher brought him back in FF #25

quote:

(authored by Dan Slott)

Oh...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Is it really any more moronic than how Nick Fury got the Watcher position?

I assumed that was from the same book, thus the "what the gently caress is site talking about". Different book? When did it happen anyway? Because yes, that is also pretty out there development for the character instead of, I dunno, letting him retire in some island in the Pacific.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ah, here it is, something called Original Sin by Jason Aaron. Apparently Nick Fury killed the Watcher and was forced into becoming the new Watcher as punishment. Okay. Comic books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Seriously though, I wanna see the powerpoint explaining the clone saga in an abridged form for non-comic fans. Both the disgraceful plot and the crazy people in charge of it.