Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Comics sure are cool, 'ey folks? I've been digging into comic podcasts lately, any favorites there?

I like the Savage fincast, Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men, and I was just trying a bunch of other ones like 11 O'Clock Comics and Comic Geek Speak. In general I like that format where a few people riff and talk about a selection of 5 to 10 books or whatever. Seems like if I find a few pods I like I may know more of what comics are hitting.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Servoret posted:

I like House to Astonish and Wait, What? HtA’s schedule has become very irregular as of late though, so not really the best way to find out about new books.

Jordan7hm posted:

Letters and Lines was great but seems to be done.

War Rocket Ajax is good.

Comic Books Are Burning in Hell talk about more than just the big 2.

Right on, thanks for the pods folks.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on! Gotta love good pod (and comic talk in general). And I definitely dig movie talk.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

We gotta get Venom visionaries like Erik Larsen or Todd McFarlane to draw some Wario sketches.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The cool clones are Judge Dredd and Solid Snake. These other clones are slumming it, they're giving clones a bad name. Kinda like that Bon Jovi song.

drrockso20 posted:

There's a reason my chronological Marvel WIR has an eventual rough ending point at some point in the late 80's to early 90's, so I can avoid much of the worst stupidity Marvel was up to in that decade

What's a WIR? That sounds like a mondo amount of comics, I assume some abridging skipping not great stuff along the way? Sounds cool.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

muscles like this! posted:

People should use Judge Dredd's first name more often when talking about him. Oh, you mean Judge Joe Dredd? Keep you from being confused about if someone is talking about Judge Rico Dredd.

Plus, we've got the original 70s stories brother Rico or the later Rico guy from the 2000s. The Mills created one and the Wagner created one. But I think ol' JD has earned the moniker of Dredd. I also like "Old Stoney face"

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Very cool. As long as this 30 year period includes Darkhawk. Just reading 30 years of one comic is an undertaking, I'm still not caught up on any I'm trying that with as of yet. (Judge Dredd and X-Men, though I intend to skip some big chunks of X-Men, over 40 year periods for those.)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That rocks. There's a classic 2000AD series called Flesh about going back in time for dino meat too. Had a couple revivals. I haven't read it, hopefully the flavor did come up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesh_(comics)