Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Sure, I'll give it a try! I could certainly use the practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Zurui posted:

Your trope is:

(Not like, wizards or sorcerers. Magicians. People who perform tricks ILLUSIONS.)

Also, yay! We have eleven people signed up, which means we've unlocked the FOURTH PRIZE. Can we unlock another? Maybe! Tell your friends!

Wow, you're using Channel A cards? I'll take a trope in that case!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Zurui posted:

You do not know how happy I am that someone recognized these!

Your trope is:

Any other takers? (Note that there is no deadline; you can take a bonus during any of the stages.)

Hmm, it's going to be tough to not just look like One Piece but I'm up for a challenge!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I wasn't joking before, I'm trying real hard to not just make "One Piece but worse".

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Zurui posted:

The intention had been for you to apply it during the round it was requested but I won't penalize you if you apply it to a later round, given that I wasn't clear.

Oh, so can you request multiple trope cards then?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Just sent my entry in, it's definitely more experimental than I've previously done!

EDIT:

Zurui posted:

The intention had been for you to apply it during the round it was requested but I won't penalize you if you apply it to a later round, given that I wasn't clear.

I'd asked before, can we request more than one trope? Or do we need to re-use one we already have?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I'm going to go with Entry #2, a resolution mechanic already suggests a kind of game to play!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I've had a run of bad luck and haven't had much time to work on this, I'll try to get something done by tomorrow though.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Submitted my entry. Down to the wire, if I'd had more time for this it would've been so much better! :(

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
It's a real tough choice between Gals_Goons, In the Court of the Invisible King, or Skeleton Justice Warriors for me, but I think I'll go with Gals_Goons here!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Ugh, I've been super busy and haven't got much work done on mine at all. We've got one week left, correct?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I wasn't able to get anything done with my selection, it looks like I'll be missing the deadline. :(

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Zurui posted:

Y'all have turned in some amazing stuff and it sounds like there's till more cooking!

Here is the list of entries so far

pre:
DalaranJ	Sćhrímnir
JMBosch		Tempo City Dreams
Hostile V	MAGICON
LaSquida	Shadow of the Moon Wizard
Antivehicular	In the Court of the Invisible King
Lux Animus	Skeleton Justice Warriors - Wizards Must Die!
Let me know if I missed anyone.

In the interest of encouraging fun, creativity, and goodwill, I will be extending the contest for another week. You have until the end of next Sunday, 22 August, to get your final finished really-for-real-complete version of your game in. Formatting is not important but all other forms of content are! Also, as mentioned before, there is no word limit so if you need 2000 words to have playbooks or classes or random generation tables loving rock out.

Oh! I'm not sure what I can do, but with another week I might be able to finish something. Thanks!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Hostile V posted:

How's y'alls entries coming?

Another messed up week, but at least I managed to address some of the holes and turn something in.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Gals & Goons was pretty much done when I got it, all I ended up doing was adding some elaborations and details to the character pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I was the Let's Be Pirates 1st Round author. 2nd round was Card-based resolution, and 3rd round was Gals & Goons.

pre:
GAME                             || 1ST ROUND || 2ND ROUND || 3RD ROUND
1A: The Undungeoneers            || JM Bosch || Lux Animus
/ Cauldron Bowl Rally
1B: The Undungeoneers            || JM Bosch || Weregoat || Hostile V
/ MAGICON
2: Card-based Resolution System  || Hostile V || Agent Rush || Dog Kisser
/ UG Overdrive / UGOD
3: Step-die resolution system    || potatocubed || Hostile V || DalaranJ
/ Hostile V Second Round / Sæhrímnir
4: Rentocracy                    || WereGoat
5: Wizard Academy                || ?????? || Otherkinsey Scale
/ LAMMs of Peace, MASKs of War
6: The Sublime Players           || LaSquida || Meinberg || Antivehicular
/ In the Court of the Invisible King
7: Spotlight Harmony             || ?????? || Dog Kisser || JMBosch
/ Tempo City Dreams
8: The Wizard Came from the Moon || DalaranJ || potatocubed || LaSquida
/ Shadow of the Moon Wizard
9: Let's be Pirates              || Agent Rush || LaSquida || Otherkinsey Scale
10: Skeleton Justice Warriors    || Antivehicular || JMBosch || Lux Animus
11: The ABCsys                   || Lux Animus || Antivehicular || potatocubed
/ BUTTON MASHER / MUGEN
12: Gals and Goons               || ?????? || DalaranJ || Agent Rush

WereGoat posted:

I might revisit one of these for NaGaDeMon ([Inter] National Games Design Month), the NaNo rebel thing that's been running for the past 11 years. The regime thing is you safe tasked to write, play, and talk about a game in November, send like a good fit for the people who participated here / who were on the fence / who missed the start.

I had other plans for that though, so maybe not? Maybe later? Have to see.

I think I linked this in one of the discords, but if anyone else is interested in NaGaDeMon in November, discord link below.

https://discord.gg/8qQH8vXC

Hey, thanks!