Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Count me in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

You know what, give me a trope!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I'll take another card pull, for laughs.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just realized I forgot to post! I'm working on #5, Wizard Academy.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

And with that, it's off to the presses!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

Same! There's definitely stuff here that will need a rework, to the point that I could probably put a FIX THIS, AUTHOR 3 section at the end, but whatever happens, happens. Here's hoping I can finish it into a broadly acceptable form in 2.5 hours...

A few minutes after submitting, I realized "hm, that last-minute change I made may have broken the action economy wide open." But you know what? That's someone else's problem. And really, what is a problem in this context, but an opportunity for improvement?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I'll be trying my hand at Cauldron Bowl Rally.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I'm in a similar spot. I'll do my best to get it in, but the heat lately has been so epochally awful, I've just had no energy for creative endeavours.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

In under the wire! I ended up taking up the Jolly Roger of Let's Be Pirates. I concur with Dog Kisser that it was already a very strong entry on its own merits, so I mainly applied my own strengths - editing, formatting, and a bit of prose to taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

JMBosch posted:

[*]Dog Kisser and whoever first came up with Spotlight Harmony/Tempo City Dreams, that's also quite close to a fully fleshed out game, in spite of my very minimal additions. But it's definitely still missing a broader, more free-form roleplaying segment or phase to it. It's currently somewhat boardgame-y and on-rails, and a game with a theme like that needs more narrative and character-driven space to flesh out relationships, entanglements, and personal character goals. I just utterly failed at figuring out how to add that myself...

Spotlight Harmony was me. If you were wondering why it was so "board game-y", it's because I wanted to make a tactical RPG that wasn't based on combat.

There was a conversation in the TG chat thread about the idea of a game with tactical depth that involved something besides fighting a while ago; most people involved said it wouldn't be satisfying, or said that in theory a tactical game didn't have to be about combat, but couldn't imagine what it would be about. I realised singing and dancing fit the bill, and figured that instead of fighting enemies, the challenge would come from the audience and its expectations.

And when I drew the "idol singer" card here, that snapped everything into place. I asked a friend for advice about Kpop band archetypes, and made those into the game's "classes". (If I knew more about the industry personally, the narrative side probably would have been more fully realised. But then again, I was trying to keep it in at least the vicinity of 1000 words.)

And then DK added magical girls, which is always a welcome addition to anything.