Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

I'll join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

LaSquida posted:

What did I ever do to you

This sounds more like a resolution mechanic than a premise

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Dog Kisser posted:

"when you roll a 1, play a low tone on your slide whistle"

Character creation is just selecting from a list of SFX for your soundboard.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Yeah anonymous is cool.

I've written too much, after editing down in still over by like 50 words.

Gonna need to give it the chop tomorrow.

;_;

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Cool, got it down. Then back over again. Then back down. And over and down again.

Anyways, submitted Round 1, so I had questions on the trope cards.
Should these be incorporated into the entry for the current round?
For every round after you get it?
Or is this something that is only important to be included in the final round entry?

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Cool, in that case, I'd like to request one for round 2 please

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Yeah, can't wait to see the entries. Excite!

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Zurui posted:

This one is weird. I'm very interested to see what you pull out of a hat for it.

Ok, I was completely blank when I seen this at first, but I've got some thoughts beyond "whuuuh?" now.

Gonna join Lux and go with Entry 1- the Undungeoneers.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

I'm a little behind, as my planned time to finish this off was eaten up by other things this weekend. Definitely gonna submit something, but might be a day late.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Submitted, a bit of a mess and could do with much more testing and an editing pass or 3, but done is done

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

:toot:

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Argh, I'm torn three ways between Shadow of the Moon Wizard, Hostile V Second round, or Skeleton Justice Warriors.

I don't think I could do the SJW tone justice, so that would be meat futures Vs space race.

Aaagh, it's so difficult to choose!

Think it's gonna have to be Hostile V Second round

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Zurui posted:

Just as an FYI, this one is already claimed by DalaranJ, so you'll have to produce something distinct if you're not working together.

Just to clarify, does this mean this can still be selected, but would need to be significantly changed in order to be distinct?

I'll be rereading both tomorrow to decide.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

DalaranJ posted:

I replied to your PM. But to answer your question (Are our concepts to alike) more directly, I think it should be fine since it sounds like you intend to pursue a different mechanical concept maybe focusing on combat some more, while I'm looking to keep the mechanics set in a more narrative space. The concept you sent me reminded me of an old itch.io video game I saw about queer folk piloting mechs made of meat, perhaps that was Hostile V's inspiration in the first place? I'm going in a slightly more 'Cruelty Squad' direction with the concept, I guess.

Noice!

From your PM'd description, I'm really excited to see your game, it sounds awesome.

And yeah, sounds like we're are going in completely different directions, so now confirming- I'm going for Hostile V Second round also.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

I had a hectic few weeks, so I'm only half done. Not made the deadline, and won't be ready for a few days. I'll have missed the cut off, but I'll try and get something posted in a few days.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Unfortunately not, I ended up with something that was missing really major information to make it a workable game.

Like, in hindsight, having all the play info on reference sheets might have seemed like a good idea, but when I left this to the end (so I knew what needed to go there) I really misjudged how much effort this would be to assemble and expand on.

So the whole thing is full of "check your player sheet for this info!" but there's no player sheets lol.

I can send it unfinished if you want, I've not touched it since Sunday, but it is definitely a mess.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

My first round was Rentocracy.
Second round was MAGICON.
And Third round was a failure, incomplete, but was gonna be Meat Futures.
Linked what I managed below:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/120jh1a_IlD26B1PGBwCajKIP12MWR_3Y/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=115683276315728708084&rtpof=true&sd=true

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

DalaranJ posted:

Make sure you set the document to 'anyone with this link can view'.

👍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

I might revisit one of these for NaGaDeMon ([Inter] National Games Design Month), the NaNo rebel thing that's been running for the past 11 years. You are tasked to write, play, and talk about a game in November, seemed like a good fit for the people who participated here / who were on the fence / who missed the start.

I had other plans for that though, so maybe not? Maybe later? Have to see.

I think I linked this in one of the discords, but if anyone else is interested in NaGaDeMon in November, discord link below.

https://discord.gg/8qQH8vXC

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 25, 2021