Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
get rid of the alt text
This poll is closed.
yes 32 8.49%
no 15 3.98%
i love the mods 330 87.53%
Total: 377 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twoday posted:

I don't remember who specifically chose it but it used to be the mouseover text and it was more fun as an Easter Egg sort of thing when nobody had to look at it but it would just pop up if you randomly happened to leave your mouse hovering over the c-spam link. It's much more cringe now that it's just out in the open.

Anyway, you can't just get rid of it since someone decided that every subforum has a visibly posted alt text now.

We have to think of something to replace it with.

i assure you it was cringe when it wasnt visible, as it has always shown up on the app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ted hitler hunter posted:

Css scrolling text

src

the infrared quote would be funny but way too long until jeffey gets off his rear end and does something with the layout again

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
what alt-text?

also jeff came up with all those as a placeholder and intent was to eventuallyt be updated. but i just used adblock/ublock origin on: forums.somethingawful.com##.forum > .title > .forumdesc

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Vote!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i still like Community-Spread Misinformation And Propaganda

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
they got rid of the one i told homex to put in there when it was the most honest subtitle around

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

I am a woman of color. I am a mom. I am a cisgender millennial who has been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder.

lmfao

Grevling posted:

sincere bloodlust and rage posting

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The Biden, the

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Laissez's Fair

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
we do not know that we are capable of

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
rutting in the corpse

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
hell is empty and all the liberals are here

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Now 90% sexpest free

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

splifyphus posted:

we do not know that we are capable of

splifyphus posted:

hell is empty and all the liberals are here

splifyphus posted:

rutting in the corpse

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

call it c-spam

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
he should be killed

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I will look for you, I will find you, and I will post about you in QCS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Let's not replace the cringe edgy bullshit with even cringy and edgier poo poo folks.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/oJzWEYeUT6U

mfw reading those posts

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
bernie was le compromise

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Stevie Lee posted:

i still like Community-Spread Misinformation And Propaganda
C-SMAP, I like it!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
A significant chunk of the C-SPAM identity is in annoying D&D, and for that reason I nominate tfor the new alt-text "The Democrat Party"

Thatl really rankle all the posters who navigate to D&D the caveman way

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you use bookmarks you're a redditor. sorry that's just how it is. Also that's why we have all these dumbass megathreads where people feel the need to post about their lunch or whatever in the Malthusian Thought Appreciation Station

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Larry Parrish posted:

Let's not replace the cringe edgy bullshit with even cringy and edgier poo poo folks.

cspam: cringe and edgy bullshit

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hillary is 44

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

Hillary is 44

Can it randomly generate between 44 and 49 on page refresh

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

You stupid bitch Poogan, the paradigm of rights is bourgeoisie, everyone loving knows it's bourgeoise it's not about workers having more loving rights because that's a category of bourgeoise law you stupid gently caress!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cpt_Obvious posted:

You stupid bitch Poogan, the paradigm of rights is bourgeoisie, everyone loving knows it's bourgeoise it's not about workers having more loving rights because that's a category of bourgeoise law you stupid gently caress!

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Quit Stalin and get to the point already

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cpt_Obvious posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm posting in the CIA forum, I'm posting in the leftist forum, I'm posting in the combination CIA-leftist forum

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
as seen on QCS

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

but for real change that poo poo

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Cspam should be a place of freedom and equality, so just have it be the latest post in Cspam. Sometimes it will be great, sometimes it will be non-actionable parody, sometimes it will be rumtp and that's what Cspam is all about

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Oops! All Tankies

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Coward mods! Show yourselves! Tell us rules or something

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking to hear when the mods are planning to remove the alt text.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Even if the mods decided to do something about it, only the admins can change it iirc.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
"Life can be a challenge
Life can seem impossible
It's never easy when so much
Is on the line
- a poet" - herman cain

i would personally find it amusing to use and nobody else would so its ten out of ten

e: the absolutely dumber reference alt text that i thought of was "So get set to have some fun, we'll bring you action and satisfaction.". i am not cut out for this.

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 14:29 on Jun 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

in memoriam