Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

APB in the summer of 2011.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

IDK if I've ever done this beyond like the renting games era. Had to take what you could get as a kid

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

there’s some old track&field type multiplayer games that I’ve loved that are maybe kinda lovely, but if everyone is having an epic time playing them, then they aren’t really terrible. like Caveman Games made me laugh so much as a kid, I cant be mad

holy poo poo this brings back some memories

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

HolePisser1982 posted:

there’s some old track&field type multiplayer games that I’ve loved that are maybe kinda lovely, but if everyone is having an epic time playing them, then they aren’t really terrible. like Caveman Games made me laugh so much as a kid, I cant be mad

Yeah this game ruled

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

that reminds me of a Mulan and Abes Odyssey games I had on GB. Insanely hard and didn't explain themselves well at all but played them a lot as they were all I had

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Spankys Quest, also I am maybe the only person ever to enjoy final fantasy mystic quest

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

I do not think of games in terms of good or bad, but simply if I enjoy playing them or not.
"bad" games can at least still be interesting enough to keep playing, maybe the story's interesting or you just wanna see what weird or dumb thing happens next. or if you make games/mods/your own creative stuff you can take inspirations from the stuff they succeed or fail at and feed those ideas into something hopefully better.

the worst games are the boring ones that you feel nothing about.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

Spankys Quest, also I am maybe the only person ever to enjoy final fantasy mystic quest

spankys quest powns, and also mystic quest is a cool game wth some good ideas and really kickass music. i def wouldnt call either bad games

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

mystic quest had charm, really good audio, and that cool thing where monsters would get visibly beat up throughout the battle. you're far from the only person to like that game!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

i had forgotten about mystic quest, lol. i liked that you could see encounters and that there were little 2D puzzles to solve as a kid, i don't know what i'd think of them now. that grinding was literally just a square of the map where you pressed a button to start an encounter was pretty lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

setting up a xcom overwatch shot for anyone who posts about a moba

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
you might know me from one of my famous over 9000 posts

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i had forgotten about mystic quest, lol. i liked that you could see encounters and that there were little 2D puzzles to solve as a kid, i don't know what i'd think of them now. that grinding was literally just a square of the map where you pressed a button to start an encounter was pretty lol

Mystic Quest was a fantastic weekend rental, I'd have been pissed if I'd bought it full price though

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

WOPR: a strange game… the only winning move is to keep playing until I beat it because mom is gonna make me return it on Monday

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

WOPR: a strange game… the only winning move is to keep playing until I beat it because mom is gonna make me return it on Monday

Lol. I liked Cool Spot

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

We're not like Games -- ANY game you like to play is a good one in the Imp Zone. Semper games!

I just spent Memorial Day Weekend in a kolonopin haze playing Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I also beat Yo! Noid and the SNES Cheetos game, I guess I liked brand mascots as a kid

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

We're not like Games -- ANY game you like to play is a good one in the Imp Zone. Semper games!

I just spent Memorial Day Weekend in a kolonopin haze playing Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

goferchan posted:

Lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

goferchan posted:

lol

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

goferchan posted:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol. That's different though.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

goferchan posted:

Lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i said the games i like are good, not talking about anyone else

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

goferchan posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

APB in the summer of 2011.

i played so much of that game. not even the original, the lovely f2p version after the original developer went bankrupt. anyway it was fun when you weren't getting pwned by an invincible hacker, but was definitely a piece of poo poo game in an objective sense.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol. I liked Cool Spot

music was good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the bonus level especially

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol. I liked Cool Spot
:coolspot:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4iV1fSvrks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

STONE COLD 64 posted:

music was good

Thats Tommy Tallarico baby.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

hell yeah

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’ve played the absolute poo poo out of Sunless Sea and Sunless Skies even though I’d probably not recommend them to people since 80% of the moment to moment gameplay is spent watching your ship slowly move from one port to another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

goferchan posted:

Lol