Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
fable and fable 2. i wasnt stupid enough to like fable 3 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I forced myself to play the War of the Visions mobile gacha game because its been so long since a mainline FFT or Tactics Ogre but it was so rear end I had to give up after two months because I absolutely refuse to spend money on that kind of game and that one was especially predatory.

E: Also i was super pissed off at not being able to get Agrias

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

i have like 100 hours in the modern Star Wars battlefront 2 and 99 of those are from playing the mode where you and three other players fight an army of bots

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
life is too short, and game pass too full of quality titles for me to waste my time on sub standard games op

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pokecapn's Iconic Let's Play

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if i like a game enough to kep playing it theres got to be something i consider good about it. at least since i was a kid and had to play whatever i already owned because i didnt have any money to get new stuff, and except for when i was real young i could usually figure out if there's something fun about a game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked the new tomb raider games but I wouldn't really call them terrible. Just a solid B.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

i was an amiga child, op

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I beat the witcher 1 a year ago because I wanted to play the games in order before the witcher 3 and still haven't started 2.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol. That's different though.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Reaverbot posted:

i have like 100 hours in the modern Star Wars battlefront 2 and 99 of those are from playing the mode where you and three other players fight an army of bots

I platted that game lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I have well over a 100 hours in Apex Legends solo queue because it’s free

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

To be fair if you’re going to play one game in that genre it might as well be Apex

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bouillon Rube posted:

To be fair if you’re going to play one game in that genre it might as well be Apex

yeah it’s sort of the pinnacle or the zenith, or whatever the word is

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

apex is a fun timesink

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I platted that game lol

I platted both it and the first one. First one had harder trophies but 2 was way more grind

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

VileLL posted:

i was an amiga child, op

im sorry

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

I liked the new tomb raider games but I wouldn't really call them terrible. Just a solid B.

Same

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

I beat the witcher 1 a year ago because I wanted to play the games in order before the witcher 3 and still haven't started 2.

Same here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've seen the famous pokecapn Let's Play of Sonic 2006. It was quite awesome in its day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wouldn't recommend the Xenosaga Trilogy to anybody but I think they're a good time, especially since they're very short by JRPG standards and each entry has its own unique flavor .

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I wouldn't recommend the Xenosaga Trilogy to anybody but I think they're a good time, especially since they're very short by JRPG standards and each entry has its own unique flavor .

I have the first two and plan on playing them sometime but episode 3 goes for like $250 now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have the first two and plan on playing them sometime but episode 3 goes for like $250 now.

Ep3 is my fave one, when I played them emulated the shadows could get funky and make textures disappear in certain rooms and you have to fiddle with options to make it work but it's better than spending 250 dollars on Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sand has been thrown into your enemies eyes no matter what surface you're standing on!

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

xenosaga 2 has bad combat but the story is bizarre enough that I definitely think it’s worth playing.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hmm, does Alien: Colonial Marines count? :D I've only played through it once, but it was on the hardest difficulty setting, since I had heard that it was too easy on the normal ones. It was actually pretty tense and cool at times on the hardest option, so it was a decent enough action game.

Bicyclops posted:

spore was not a good game but i really loved it for some reason. the 4x space thing at the end was simple but fun.

Same! I liked that mode quite a lot. I still fondly remember my race of fuzzy grey four-armed crocodile people :D

scary ghost dog posted:

fable and fable 2. i wasnt stupid enough to like fable 3 though.

I never played Fable 2, but yeah I'm definitely with you on Fable. I was never aboard the hype train for that series though, so I didn't have any real expectations.

Arrhythmia posted:

Oh man, I hope you've just skipped ahead to TW3, and gave TW2 a miss. I wouldn't ever go back to either of the first two these days! The investigation at the start of TW1 is still cool though, but other than that, I'll pass thanks haha

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Oh man, I hope you've just skipped ahead to TW3, and gave TW2 a miss. I wouldn't ever go back to either of the first two these days! The investigation at the start of TW1 is still cool though, but other than that, I'll pass thanks haha

Yeah the murder mystery chapter was cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I blew all my lawn mowing money on Mega Man Network Transmission bc I loved Battle Network and hated it almost instantly and tried over and over to like it and made my friends play it to see if I could spark interest in it but it never worked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I ever was able to beat even a single level bc I would die instantly to Gutsman. Or maybe he was the second boss.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Hmm, does Alien: Colonial Marines count? :D I've only played through it once, but it was on the hardest difficulty setting, since I had heard that it was too easy on the normal ones. It was actually pretty tense and cool at times on the hardest option, so it was a decent enough action game.

Same! I liked that mode quite a lot. I still fondly remember my race of fuzzy grey four-armed crocodile people :D

I never played Fable 2, but yeah I'm definitely with you on Fable. I was never aboard the hype train for that series though, so I didn't have any real expectations.

i didnt know about any of the fable 1 hype either, to me it was just one of the few xbox games i had so i played the crap out of it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I remember reading some of the Fable hype but I mostly forgot about it by the time it came out. One of my friends in college had it and it just seemed like a deece action RPG.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

I blew all my lawn mowing money on Mega Man Network Transmission bc I loved Battle Network and hated it almost instantly and tried over and over to like it and made my friends play it to see if I could spark interest in it but it never worked.

Oh man, I loved everything Mega Man as a kid and especially the setting and idea of Battle Network so I tried so hard to force myself to like Network Transmission since it was supposed to be classic Mega Man gameplay in the BN world. I think it wasn’t really until this post that I could admit to myself that it actually did suck lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I remember reading some of the Fable hype but I mostly forgot about it by the time it came out. One of my friends in college had it and it just seemed like a deece action RPG.

fable 2 is the cursed one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Oh man, I loved everything Mega Man as a kid and especially the setting and idea of Battle Network so I tried so hard to force myself to like Network Transmission since it was supposed to be classic Mega Man gameplay in the BN world. I think it wasn’t really until this post that I could admit to myself that it actually did suck lol

Kinda tempted to try it out again to see how it compares to my two decade old memories after making that post

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Oh poo poo this reminds me I need to make a thread about the opposite phenomena of this thread which happened to me when i played command mission

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I enjoyed Fable 1 and 2 a lot but it was like 90% because of the music

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

xenosaga 1 and 3 kick rear end and 2 is good apart from th insanely bad battle system. 1 also has xenocard, probably my favorite jrpg minigame ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think everyone just played xs2 wrong bc it's got that good Stagger poo poo where you can break their weak points for Massive Damage. I remember liking it way more than it's reputation

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was like 10 years old playing fable: the lost chapters so I was mostly excited by it even if even dumb child Larry realized that spamming the big aoe spell was the way to go. so the combat ends up really boring if you focus on magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I think everyone just played xs2 wrong bc it's got that good Stagger poo poo where you can break their weak points for Massive Damage. I remember liking it way more than it's reputation

no i liked that too, the problem ws that you had to do that in every fight. i thought the boss fights kicked rear end but every random encounter was like 5 minutes long and it was just too much