Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

Rift Apart is supposedly pretty cool, but prior to that there's only been two other mainline R+C games in the last decade, The movie tie in remake that was pretty, but mediocre, and 'Into the Nexus' which I've never heard anyone talk about even among people who like R+C.

Crack in Time is probably the best R+C game, but that was back in 2009.

Rift apart is good fun, has a super bland plot, but no big surprise there. Mainly enjoyable because of looking really good and the impressive gimmicky SSD instant-loading stuff. I’ve been enjoying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021

Simply Simon posted:

i like games

this is what we could've seen and not...whatever that other post was

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

also genuinely liked fable 2, it had tons of character. I got obsessed with slowly buying up every building in the world

Yeah, any kind of property buying/management is my kind of poo poo. Dark Cloud ftw for this too

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah, any kind of property buying/management is my kind of poo poo. Dark Cloud ftw for this too

yes! Even more so if you get to build a whole town bit by bit

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Hiraeth posted:

this is what we could've seen and not...whatever that other post was

yeah, what could have been. too bad this thread is full of motherfuckers like [looking at users currently browsing imp zone]Senator Chuckles who cant stop going off about [scrolling through list of video game genres] construction and management simulation games being loving trash for idiots

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Never winter nights.

"This is the sequel to baldurs gate" I said to myself. I genuinely believed I was having fun with it.

But I also couldn't name a single moment that I actually enjoyed.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ikanreed posted:

Never winter nights.

"This is the sequel to baldurs gate" I said to myself. I genuinely believed I was having fun with it.

Offended at this tbh

original campaign is bad. Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark? Good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ikanreed posted:

Never winter nights.

You should check out “Baldur’s Gate II”, the actual sequel to Baldur’s Gate.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ikanreed posted:

Never winter nights.

last summer I played through some of the old custom modules I used to enjoy, some of them have held up really well to be hoenst

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

yeah, what could have been. too bad this thread is full of motherfuckers like [looking at users currently browsing imp zone]Senator Chuckles who cant stop going off about [scrolling through list of video game genres] construction and management simulation games being loving trash for idiots

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

last summer I played through some of the old custom modules I used to enjoy, some of them have held up really well to be hoenst

Just don’t get the switch version for the love of all that is holy

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lmao

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

I had the opposite experience where a friend of mine interrupted a party where everyone was taking turns playing katamari to show us how he could play fire and the flames on guitar hero, then failed like 5 times before blaming the controller and switching to an easier song.

lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You should check out “Baldur’s Gate II”, the actual sequel to Baldur’s Gate.

Baldurs gate 2 is a real good expansion

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Failturds Gape

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

heehee posted:

Failturds Gape

Been sayin this

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Man I used to stockholm myself into liking all sorts of barely functioning monstrosities on the C64, and Power Rangers on the SNES, nowadays I'll hype myself up for months over something like Resi 8 and get bored of it after 5 or 10 hours and never touch it again.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Simply Simon posted:

Me: oh lol we all keep recommending platformers, what if Fungah prefers strategy indie gems like into the breach or roguelikes like the wonderful slay the spire, let's make a joke about that

Response: how dare you insinuate that famous imp fungah doesn't like platformers, you loving bitch, he loves platformers

Me: guess I came at the king but missed the jump and there's spikes underneath

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

\

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Simiain posted:

Man I used to stockholm myself into liking all sorts of barely functioning monstrosities on the C64, and Power Rangers on the SNES, nowadays I'll hype myself up for months over something like Resi 8 and get bored of it after 5 or 10 hours and never touch it again.

power rangers on the snes is surprisingly tight op. easy game to 1cc if you're into that as well

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Yeah it's probably one of my most played games because of the good expansions and the insane amount of custom modules. Pity it's still dogshit to play on a mechanical level lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Plebian Parasite posted:

I had the opposite experience where a friend of mine interrupted a party where everyone was taking turns playing katamari to show us how he could play fire and the flames on guitar hero, then failed like 5 times before blaming the controller and switching to an easier song.

the friend who was uncomfortably into American Psycho interrupting goldeneye to dig out and make us all watch a 30 minute VHS of him getting the best ending in Night Trap

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
https://i.imgur.com/f0M7ojA.mp4

Anyway, speaking of: Mega Man X6 is absolute garbage, barely working level design, horrific structural issues, full of glitches. I've probably played it the most of the X games. I keep going "lol some of the stages are pretty much impossible to do first unless you're a God gamer" (<--- legendary LP btw), but then I always tell myself "but I'm p good at Mega Man, right?" and try the Challenge myself. It's bad. It's really bad. But I can't let this piece of poo poo game go. When I do the second Gate stage without armor on, I feel like an absolute savant (after 827348 deaths). What a horrific, beautiful mess.

conversely X5 is just boring trash and I hate it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Roflmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

brother,

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Regy Rusty posted:

I did like the first Jak and Daxter but 2 was too awful even for me so I gave up on that series there.

Still got 3 Ratchet games to go before I'm done so watch out! (No PS5 to play the new one yet)

how could you be playing crash bandicoot when the nations capital was under attack

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

fosborb posted:

the friend who was uncomfortably into American Psycho interrupting goldeneye to dig out and make us all watch a 30 minute VHS of him getting the best ending in Night Trap

Do you like FMV games? Sega’s early laserdisc work was a little too crude for my tastes, but when Night Trap came out for Sega CD in '92, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

Do you like FMV games? Sega’s early laserdisc work was a little too crude for my tastes, but when Night Trap came out for Sega CD in '92, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.
lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

all the reasons mentioned before plus the fact that the combat is hopelessly broken makes me think of fable 2 as a kind of morrowind-lite for consoles. it's more intersting than good but i'll remember it better than most games i've played.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

kmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
Solitaire and Sudoku fall into this category for me. They're my making GBS threads games.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

power rangers on the snes is surprisingly tight op. easy game to 1cc if you're into that as well

its mostly good but when you lose any of the final one on one battles its instant game over which sucks

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Sub-Actuality posted:

he was also way into wave race 64, so admittedly we should have seen it coming

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simply Simon posted:

https://i.imgur.com/f0M7ojA.mp4

Anyway, speaking of: Mega Man X6 is absolute garbage, barely working level design, horrific structural issues, full of glitches. I've probably played it the most of the X games. I keep going "lol some of the stages are pretty much impossible to do first unless you're a God gamer" (<--- legendary LP btw), but then I always tell myself "but I'm p good at Mega Man, right?" and try the Challenge myself. It's bad. It's really bad. But I can't let this piece of poo poo game go. When I do the second Gate stage without armor on, I feel like an absolute savant (after 827348 deaths). What a horrific, beautiful mess.

conversely X5 is just boring trash and I hate it

Why do you post so many words jesus Christ

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Larry Parrish posted:

Why do you post so many words jesus Christ

Simon's right

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

a lost chapter of Hamlet where Polonius talks for three pages about his favorite post-2000s Sonic game

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021

Simply Simon posted:

I keep going "lol some of the stages are pretty much impossible to do first unless you're a God gamer" (<--- legendary LP btw)

Hm. Doesn't look like a pokecapn LP to me. Disliked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007