Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Kins posted:

mystic quest had charm, really good audio, and that cool thing where monsters would get visibly beat up throughout the battle. you're far from the only person to like that game!

ffmq has seen a lot of appreciation over the years but there was a time in which it was (very undeservedly!!) the most reviled FF game because people in the early internet days found out about ff5 and started comparing release dates and figured that mystic quest had taken ff5's "spot" as though Indiana Jones had snuck in swapped it for the real treasure at the last minute

these were the same types who were convinced that every Japanese child was a gaming superprodigy and that Japan, as a nation, had such contempt for the American Gamer that we got dumbed down baby versions of games while Japan hoarded the "real" games for themselves

anyway all that is to say that I convinced myself as a child that the NES Indiana Jones game with its noneuclidian endlessly looping gameplay area was worth playing (it wasn't) but at least I had the cool Tengen black cart version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

American McGay posted:

lol at someone requesting indie game recommendations and someone tripping over themselves to post Hollow Knight lmao, a real hidden gem.

Hollow Knight is well-known because it is good, fella

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ikanreed posted:

Never winter nights.

"This is the sequel to baldurs gate" I said to myself. I genuinely believed I was having fun with it.

But I also couldn't name a single moment that I actually enjoyed.

Offended at this tbh

original campaign is bad. Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark? Good

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Larry Parrish posted:

Why do you post so many words jesus Christ

Simon's right