Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Smugworth)
Do u eat eggs
gently caress off Derpies
What an eggcellent thread
Goku fusion dancing with an egg
CHICKEN CAME FIRST
View Results

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
In answer to the OP I offer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Literally A Person posted:

In answer to the OP I offer:

We need a sticky with this kind of eye popping content

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you'd better run, egg

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
What food is best accentuated by an egg?

I’d probably have to go with a street burger from Iquitos’ number one burger stand when hammered at 3 AM

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Derpies posted:

What food is best accentuated by an egg?

egg

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bigger than before

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

I bet you could blow a cooks mind asking for a poached egg on top of a sunny side up

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
In yhe mornings i like to cook qn egg over easy and drop ut iver done coubtry potatoes and breakfast sausage in a bowl and mix it all up and i also like to "hard" "boil" eggs in my instant pot and put them in some brine i make and let them chill and rhen eat one as a snack or have a couple after exercising for protein yummm

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Nooner posted:

In yhe mornings i like to cook qn egg over easy and drop ut iver done coubtry potatoes and breakfast sausage in a bowl and mix it all up and i also like to "hard" "boil" eggs in my instant pot and put them in some brine i make and let them chill and rhen eat one as a snack or have a couple after exercising for protein yummm

And they banned this Egglord from posting in GWS

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Breakfast burritos are a superb egg vehicle

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Eggs! Huah, what are they good for! Absolutely everything!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Brown eggs are local eggs, and local eggs are fresh.

having fun posting
Feb 22, 2021
when I find a bad egg in the carton (if it's a flat sealed in plastic so I can't check them individually at the store) I get a sharpie and write NO on it but leave it in the fridge so I don't have a bad egg warming up in the trash can

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

e g g

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
glad to see all the posting alliances of GBS can get behind what really matters: egg

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

glad to see all the posting alliances of GBS can get behind what really matters: egg

god bless eggmerica

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

MY POSTING CREW WILL NEVER EAT THE EGGS, NARDVARK. YOU CAN'T MAEK US!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
RIUGHT GUYS!!??

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
....uh....right?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
....guys????

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Has anybody ever been to US Egg Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant?

https://useggrestaurant.com/

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

pacerhimself posted:

Has anybody ever been to US Egg Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant?

https://useggrestaurant.com/

no we have http://www.flipmyegg.com/

having fun posting
Feb 22, 2021

https://www.crackedongreen.com/ here. The full name of the restaurant is Cracked The Egg Came First. I thought they were a big chain but apparently they only have two restaurants in Chicago and Champaign. Might have to go eat an egg there

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I like fried medium-hard with crispy whites the best of all eggs, like the kind you get at a diner

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

I like fried medium-hard with crispy whites the best of all eggs, like the kind you get at a diner

Well at least we know which person is the least eggcellent here, gotta have a pecking order

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
My favorite way to eat eggs is probably a Swiss cheese and mushroom omelette done the old fashioned way on a flattop grill so it's like gooey and not brown and not tough it's like this gooey mess inside and it does taste a little bit like a sock but it's still so grubbin.

We used to have this old diner type Cafe where I grew up and it was open 24 hours and so everyone in the universe went there when they were like done drinking or whatever. Omelettes of course included delicious greasy hash browns coated with crust covering half of your oversized platter and you would get a lot of choices for your toast too- I would usually get an English muffin and drown it in butter and honey, maybe a packet of strawberry jam on one half. Even the ketchup seemed to have a kick atop those potatoes.

The entire breakfast would be maybe $5.99.
I'd buy a newspaper and spend an hour and a half reading every story while devouring this American feast. The old alcoholics at the counter sipping coffee with cream and sugar would watch, but never approach.

Those were the best eggs :love:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Derpies posted:

Well at least we know which person is the least eggcellent here, gotta have a pecking order

They rejected Jesus too

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Activate the Egg Slut!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I used to poach eggs in milk and pour the milk onto toast with the eggs on top. Sounds weird and soggy but very tasty.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I'm sure everyone remembers the "incredible, edible egg" and "got milk?" ads, but it made me think how weird those were in retrospect. Like, they weren't advertising any particular brand of egg or milk, just the commodity itself to raise public awareness or something I guess. Did every farm pay into the ads a little bit or is there some larger egg or dairy board making decisions to influence the nation's diet choices?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

A Strange Aeon posted:

I'm sure everyone remembers the "incredible, edible egg" and "got milk?" ads, but it made me think how weird those were in retrospect. Like, they weren't advertising any particular brand of egg or milk, just the commodity itself to raise public awareness or something I guess. Did every farm pay into the ads a little bit or is there some larger egg or dairy board making decisions to influence the nation's diet choices?

Asking questions like this will get your legs broke.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

pacerhimself posted:

I used to poach eggs in milk and pour the milk onto toast with the eggs on top. Sounds weird and soggy but very tasty.

This is very peak Canada.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

They rejected Jesus too

They also killed him for serving hard yolks !!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Who What Now posted:

They rejected Jesus too

Matthew 11:30
"For my yolk is easy and my burden is light."

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
hard boil and peel 50 eggs.

eat the eggs

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

dee eight posted:

hard boil and peel 50 eggs.

eat the eggs

Ok Luke.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

"i will eat 500 egg." - Cool Man Luke

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Where is Hunter with the eggs ????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
if I have time to prepare them in advance I like to make a bunch of soft boiled eggs (not runny, just soft) and eat them for breakfast and snacks for a few days

if I don't have them prepared and just need to make some eggs I just fry or scramble them and have them on toast with some chili paste