Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Don't touch the megathreads. They all work and nothing should change that. People have it in for certain threads, and they should self-reflect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it stops exactly there for most people, and if someone is doing weird PM harassment it should be handled individually.

when I was IK I remember boolagan would send a stream of pms if I probated him. Can only imagine what regular mods deal with in that regard. Agreed that kind of harassment should be dealt with individually.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

wasn't the Trump thread originally gotten rid of during the Flavius incident for a reason? it seemed really blatant when they just remade it and called it something else. still the same people in it

"blatant" lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I enjoy all the posters who post amongst me, including those who detest my posts because I enjoy everybody here, they all make the forum good and I enjoy seeing everybody's funny avatars, except when somebody bought those terrible racist sinophobic ones and the person who bought them should be punished.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

actually i would call them a dumb bitch op

You're not doing poo poo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lol at trying to call out the guy who actually puts efforts into the majority of his posts and is liked by the threads he posts in.

i like his posts and I enjoy his phillipines posts when he chooses to post about it as well because not a lot of people post about that region.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

a concrete example of leftists congregating to discuss an ostensibly non-political subject in a political light is pener's games thread. it started out pretty great, discussing something a lot of people are interested in specifically from a standpoint of how cultural artifacts reflect politics and ideology. i havent read it in awhile so i dont know if its still that way, but that to me is what a "non-political" subject being discussed in a political forum should look like. it should have a specific subject of discussion that is directly linked to actual politics, even if the subject itself is not necessarily political. chat threads start out off-topic in a non-chat forum.

if you need a special place to post what you had for breakfast where you have been assured it will only be read and responded to by people who share your views on tree law then you dont need a forum, you need a doctor.

shut up you dumb bitch

Just make the threads you want.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cumshitter posted:

looking at the posting analytics and then deciding that you need to means test posts to properly sort them and determine who belongs in c-spam is the most lib brained poo poo ever and the kind of talk that proves you dont belong in c-spam. just completely out of your element

also sounds boring as gently caress

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the communism/witchcraft/ufo thread have posters who may be good candidates to look to IK/mod as they post funny things and content which I think is cool and I think they'd potentially make better decisions on moderating this space.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think it's hosed up how people who don't like the best NBA team (the mavericks) are allowed to post in CSPAM.

these lists must end, no more playoff brackets

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Athanatos posted:

Last few hours for this thread if anyone wants to get anything in.

Mine and Shine PMs are also open if you miss out. I also have like 3 days of unresponded to PMs, I promise to get to them all. Uhh..poo poo as I typed this I remembered I gave my email. I will go check that right now too.

I've reached out to some people for the Covid thread IK. Hoping to get that done when they get back to me.

Shine and I will figure out what we are doing about more mods and the best mods for the space using the suggestions in here.

Someone mentioned a thread for changing the forum subtitle, get at me when ya'll figure something out.

All NBA threads all over SA are amazing. We have a fashion one in SAS proper, and the people in the Draft thread are pretty loving fantastic. The whole SA NBA operation is aces.

I really enjoy sports threads, the players provide endless content, and the fans do it for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wouldn't mind a Kings era, Lakers are wastemen.