Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Not really a suggestion but I do want to thank you, Astral, Smythe and Jeffrey for being cool about that ban me and another person got for posting threads a bit ago.

Not really a super great occurrence so maybe use that as a reference point to work out "how did we get escalated to that point to where month+bans were handed out with no communication to the forum or posters" and work back from there but the resolution was well handled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

UFO thread has been a recent thread that came out of nowhere and is an absolute loving delight. I don't know what makes it different but the abject absurdity of the topic and positivity and earnestness of the people in it is rad. Whatever it is should be cultivated and studied for replication

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

e: this came off a bit more "get off my lawn" and whiny-as-hell than i meant it to be. i guess mostly what i'm saying is that I don't even know what the point of the forum is anymore. there were several different times I thought I "got it" and then a whole bunch of the people got banned or left for good.

Whatever comes I think preventing that poo poo from happening again and again would be a good goal to set and the start would be figuring out among the administration how to make sure it doesn't happen again. Everytime something seems to stabilize someone seems to feel the need to put their special sauce into the mixture and fucks it all up again

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think it's hosed up how people who don't like the best NBA team (the mavericks) are allowed to post in CSPAM.

Mark Cuban is such a nouveau riche weirdo billionaire but you can see the scumbag Pittsburgh boy in everything he does

He fascinates me how out of his depth he can go and still succeed just because he has the infinite money cheat on

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Let's be fair, iirc it was radium who abused lists mercilessly

(lil programming humor for ya)

PHP is all associative arrays
Literally for everything

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

If we're posting old hot takes wait til you hear about the victory of John Dewey

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

You're literally one of the worst posters in this subforum and bring nothing to the table except posts like this.

Is it like a username gimmick thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nonsense posted:

I wouldn't mind a Kings era, Lakers are wastemen.

Kings aren't gonna be good again for at least a decade.