Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
c-spam is, at best, completely unrecognizable from what it used to be.

part of this is because the world is obviously changing and such but huge groups of posters have left or been banned at several different points. the trump thread has mostly become unrecognizable from what it used to be, idk if its for the better or not.

honestly my energy levels for posting have gone way, way down (maybe that's for the best) and i mostly can lay it at the feet at how poorly this group has been stewarded and the complete mismanagement from lowtax and the administration.

e: this came off a bit more "get off my lawn" and whiny-as-hell than i meant it to be. i guess mostly what i'm saying is that I don't even know what the point of the forum is anymore. there were several different times I thought I "got it" and then a whole bunch of the people got banned or left for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

c-spam at one point was incredibly politically welcoming as long as you were funny or at least a good source of amusement for the group.

ffs we nearly made boosted a mod

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Admiral Ray posted:

Yeah, the Climate Change thread is about the same as it was 6 years ago, too. I can understand why most people don't want to hang out in that thread, though.

the climate change thread is simultaneously right and also a terrible place to be for more than a few minutes

much like portland right now ha ha just a bit of apocalypse humor for you

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

Hell we made boosted an IK and he STILL wouldnt wear the hat

a failure of posting unmatched in its stupidity

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

please come and join the baseball thread we're friendly and would love you to be part of our c-spam sub culture where we mostly get angry about management and bonds not being in the hall.

in the spirit of the feedback thread i'd mostly say that having thread specific IKs is very important because the groups are incredibly different and often times don't intersect well. A mod probably should more just exist above the IK's and follow their suggestions, but the Squizzle/Flavius/etc. situation where a trump thread person rolls into the COVID thread and goes to town is going to piss everyone off.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

smarxist posted:

still!?!? lmao god i hate baseball writers

its so egregious that out of the park baseball had to specifically code them not letting him in because he'd get 99.8%+ votes every single year if they didn't.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Slanderer posted:

i have some mod feedback re: smarxist (bolded)

who cares

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Yinlock posted:

C-spam responds best to not being treated like absolute dogshit. Mods/Admins that actually ask for input or don't dismiss us as a howling mob generally get a way more positive response and are given way more slack than some dipshit bursting into the democ**t or glenn thread ready to LAY DOWN SOME FORUMS LAW

The Troubles generally only happen when someone gets hit with a serious punishment for no reason and then the staff doubles-down on the bad decision and circles the wagons. This has never once ended well for whatever bad mod started it, and inevitably leads to a hilariously embarrassing revelation followed by a self-ban.

honestly i feel like if you mostly have IK's who are chosen by threads being the primary instigator for the mod showing up and laying down some forums law, at least you have a very straight forward mechanism of making it not feel like the trump thread is probating all the marxists again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Ardennes posted:

Basically, you just need bazillion iks and then mods could only step in if absolutely necessary

i have no idea why this is presented as a "bad thing."