Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
forum is good except for the monthly bad faith qcs threads where idiot admins who dont like politics take actions to look like they're doing something.

off topic non-politics threads are fine. you could move them to gbs or pyf but I don't know how that makes anything 'better'.

would more smaller threads be good? maybe. but most people seem fine with their megathreads. if there's a topic or news story you want a thread for, just make one.

stay the course. four more years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the thing about chat threads is that, while not everyone enjoys them, the people posting in them generally do. killing a chat thread means that that group of posters arent able to hang out anymore. I don't see how that benefits anyone.

was posting triumpo the height of comedy? no. but who cares. make a new thread to seriously discuss him. the trump thread was not harming anyone except for people who decided it wasnt funny and had to go.

covid thread is the other one. some people like posting the latest news, some like posting about getting the shot and feeling tired, some like posting about their pets, or just like posting with their pals. I don't think this has prevented any important discussions from taking place. if you want to post about covid it's still the place to go.

you could move them to chat crew central but it's not like they're harming anyone by being here.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

with McAfee or the Miami building collapse, most threads I follow at least covered it. there's not always a lot to talk about though, so the discussion passes. maybe an individual thread would have been good, but there's nothing stopping people from making one.

there's an argument to be made between megathread forum vs. small individual thread forum. right now cspam is megathread heavy, and I don't know how to address that other than moving all the megathreads to a cspam subforum or another forum altogether.

LF, as i recall, was mostly small threads with a few megas. I don't know how the userbase size or general posting pace compares though.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Epic High Five made a GOP thread that sees little use
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3969117

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

make the cspam imp zone rsf. cspam without the megathreads.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

What about a prisoner exchange with Bread and Roses

They get baw and how are u

We get Benghazi 2 and Prester Jane

how are u would be permad within a week. baw is too much fun, keep him around.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Glenn thread is fine. chat thread is fine. you dont have to read post in and enjoy every thread on a sub. who gives a poo poo. less dumb drama.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

one thing I wanted to bring up is moderation standards.

at one point early in cspam history, it was decided saying retard was bad and would be probated. it was also decided, thanks to many qcs threads, that calling for death or death threats was bad and was going to get SA shut down.

Flavius stepped on some rakes of his own but he was also trying to enforce these things and getting push back. some clarification around these rules might be in order.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

these unfunyn misspellings must end. mods? do something.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Glenn Feedbackwald

gradenko_2000 posted:

Glenn Balkanwald

gradenko_2000 posted:

Grass Greenwald

what's that? it's all performative and no one cares?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Josh Christ posted:

Free benghazi 2

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

lol

but also, given they reregged and were posting for months without issues, they could probably be unperma'd without much trouble

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Apraxin posted:

which kind of ties in to the issue that none of the admins have much interaction or familiarity with one of SA's most populous forums and can have difficulty telling what constitutes normal daily posting here or when things have gone wrong, or unpicking what old inter-forum or inter-thread grievances are at play in a given drama eruption and if people are posting in good faith. don't know if there's a solution to that though, i don't think forcing one of them to have regular interaction with a noisy politics forum they don't personally gel with is gonna help much :shrug:

I think this thread is an attempt to do that, and that's a good thing

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lol at trying to call out the guy who actually puts efforts into the majority of his posts and is liked by the threads he posts in.

not calling anyone out. I like Gradenko. they're a better poster than me. just pointing out that statements that trump misspellings need to be removed ring hollow.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Squizzle was good. sorry to see him go but I get it. the ALD thing was not great but I thought it was in the past.

twoday and brutalistmcdonalds were very good mods. so was sheng-ji yang. and Capt. Mcclaine. I doubt they'd come back but I wanted to say it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

just move it to cccc, who cares any more

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Make Nichael a mod

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Sharkopath posted:

I dont think theres any actionable solution to that problem though, its just what happens when threads become atomized megathreads and people mostly stick to their main thread. You just mostly hope it doesnt get really wierd and lame like cumshitters posting here.

it's this. cumshitter's jokes are aimed at a different audience.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

If new mods are brought on and cspam culture changes, I would prefer the trump/chat thread moved rather than be destroyed. it harms no one.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Flavius was not a good mod but moderation standards around death threats and slurs are going to have to be addressed at some point

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

euphronius posted:

The Lowtax bans should be reversed and ameliorated to the extent they can be.

agreed.

but it's been years now and even if bans are undone, trust has been destroyed. many will not come back because they've been treated poorly or their friends were treated poorly. undoing a ban is the least you can do, but it's unlikely to bring anyone back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Posting power grows out of a bullet point on a list