Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Hello, I am tokin opposition, obvious rereg of Known Poster T-man. In January I auto-banned with a message about no longer having fun on c-spam. I took a few months entirely off the forums, and eventually came back because I missed the community here. In retrospect I wish I just requested a three monther and didn't close my threads like an rear end in a top hat but wygd. Taking a break from c-spam has let me come back with a much more relaxed attitude about things, and start to appreciate good posters I disliked for long irrelevant posting war grudges. Plus I'm in a better place in my life generally, which is something I wish for everyone here.

What I like about c-spam is it's mix between low effort posts and actual sincere effortposts. I, like most people here, started out in D&D, which is great for a serious discussion when you feel like it's an honest exchange of ideas, but absolute dogshit moderation and ideological differences eventually made it no longer fun for me. C-spam to me is at it's best when it's a fun place to talk with your friends in one thread, a place to have serious discussions about topics from a leftist bent, and a place to yell at your ideological enemies with the understanding that it doesn't really matter. We don't need an overarching C-spam community, and no matter how long this thread is open we won't hear from every microniche here.

As to the question of chat threads: I don't really follow any of the really big ones, basically where I post is where I read with a few exceptions. I think we need smaller threads, and threads that can branch out. If there's a good derail people like, it should be more acceptable to spin it out into a new thread. I started the weed thread because c-spam loves talking about it's weed, and it seems to me that the thread has slowed the number of derails in that direction. But I'm a weirdo with no real idea of what's going to stick around and become popular and what's going to die in 3 pages. (RIP onion thread) If everyone who gives a poo poo about c-spam enough to post in this thread threw out their own ideas for new threads survival of the fittest should get us three or four good ones.

Iunno I'm bored now. The takeaway is that i will never log off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Yossarian-22 posted:

I feel like right now we are a functioning autonomous zone despite how much we hate anarchists here

docbeard posted:

To understand CSPAM is basically to understand that there are three or four distinct CSPAMs. This isn't really a problem in my opinion, but failing to understand that, particularly when attempting to moderate, is.

I think the anarchist vs. MLM/tankie/communist discourse is a good example of this in action. There's more than a few anarchists on here, including myself. Admittedly I only see Yossarian-22 post in the marxist thread, for which their statement is actually pretty accurate to the marxism thread and a few others.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

bleeding kansas posted:

its about 1,500 posts per day right now

I demand post redistribution away from the posting elite with their greed and excess

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Schmoe Cwead posted:

just think of cspam posters as the drunk philosopher dude who lived in a barrel and yelled at random passerby

we just need a barrel and people to yell at

This. We need to be able to yell

Also I would like to offer an unilateral debeefing for all. I will try to avoid being as much of a gimmick poster. With love, tokin opposition.

E: also sad nobody has mentioned the weed or anime threads :(

tokin opposition has issued a correction as of 07:31 on Jun 26, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the more i think about it, the more i like that idea of a rsf cspam experimental thats just non-megathreads that have a 500 post limit in them or something cute like that.

I'm down to try this, I'd love to see more diversity in topics. I shall continue to :justpost: new ones

Check out the leftist computer thread