Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

WampaLord posted:

People calling honest descriptions of reality "doomposting" is a much bigger problem than megathreads, imo.

Agreed. Accusations of "doomposting" are more of a D&D take.

Labeling CSPAM a "safe space" or a "quarantine zone" sounds like an outsider's take, too. In general, people here would rather argue it out and mock someone for having a dumb opinion than call in the mods. That's not really a safe space. We have an awesome mental health thread though. I'd call that a safe space. We're probably viewed as a "quarantine zone" by liberals on the site. I don't think anyone really cares.

Each megathread has its own culture, and I'd rather see mods come from within the specific megathread. I'm a fan of the succ zone, and having someone who didn't get the thread (ie Flavius) moderate it sucked.

I mostly just lurk, but I think CSPAM has a neat culture to it, and I'd like to see a very light hand in moderation. Threads can be funny and informative here. I don't really see any of the "chat" threads as off-topic. As others said, everything is political.

EDIT: Lots of new posts as I wrote this. I agree about having more IKs.

Uganda Loves Me has issued a correction as of 01:09 on Jun 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Thanks for taking some effort to get us. There's a perception (real or not) of outsiders coming in and loving things up because they don't get it.

I think CPSAM is in a good spot in many ways. I don't think we need a more narrow definition of the forum, which could be used to exclude content. If people want to talk about something, just let 'em.