Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'll have more thoughts to post later this weekend or maybe Monday (who posts a feedback thread on Friday night when people usually do things on the weekends :argh:)

But re: the megathread thing, i don't think it's a problem, and I'm pretty positive that the proliferation of megathreads was correlated with increasing adoption of smartphones & the awful app, which isn't able to post new threads. Someone hears some news, it's orders of magnitude easier to get your phone (hell you're probably already on it) and fire off a post than to wander to your computer and come up with an OP.

I know the app isn't official so it's not really on anyone here to change it but it's a big environmental factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Also i enjoy beeferposting but maybe this isn't the thread to do it or slapfight about it in, js

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:yeshaha:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's a shame to see QCS regulars coming in to the thread now to poo poo on it while nothing's being done because I'd like a chance to post my thoughts but I guess I can just PM them at some point in the near future

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Thanks for doing this thread, I think it's been very useful, and despite my misgivings about how the staff have handled CSPAM issues in the past I think this thread is a great show of good faith and a necessary step in the right direction.

I'll be trying to get my thoughts down in between real life obligations but if I don't manage to finish my post before the thread is closed I'll just PM it :)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Let's be fair, iirc it was radium who abused lists mercilessly

(lil programming humor for ya)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
the brackets specifically are inoffensive. I thought they were dumb and when I was first made IK I was thinking of removing them from a bunch of the threads, but couldn't really think of any good replacement titles, so I just got silly with the brackets instead and mostly left them alone. They were unnecessary but fine

e: yeah what ath said about joke titles. I think the joke titles are great and it's hard to keep a balance of a title that's funny and also indicative of thread content so the brackets are a good compromise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
This isn't a thread for giving feedback on FYAD