Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Takanago posted:

I checked the Internet Cum Warrior thread because I guess Mcafee was an insane person online so he'd fit there, maybe? There was some there but most of the discussion was happening in the CSPAM Chat thread. I guess I should have expected it since it was breaking news at the time but I generally don't check that thread since the style of posting in there doesn't generally seem for me. (Or maybe it is, I don't pay enough attention to it to see more than random snippets of it whenever I peek in there)

it used to be internet culture warriors. its mainly for following the adventures of twitter/youtube/etc. personalities liek crowder, tim pool, jordan peterson, praeger, dave rubin, and a lot of dumb terfs as well. basically focused on the rightwing mediasphere's internet presence and the dominant personalities who represent it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

I like C-Spam a lot because i feel a strong connection to other cspam posters in that we shared a constant collective aneurism for 4.5 years watching our government be run by a criminally insane gameshow host and no one on TV would say it out loud. I've been in the trump thread since before it was called that. Seeing radical left politics embraced so openly and without reprimand opened my perspective on everything and posting along side so many lgbtq cspammers got me to listen and see what i had in common with them and long story short I'm a pretty girl and i owe that to cspam. Cspam is super great 100%

poo poo posting here is therapeutic.

i think you texted me for advice once so i am glad i could help lol

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i like c-spam in general and i post in the trump thread. and its fine if you dont wanna post there or read it. i know its a bit insular but when i see someone i dont recognize and i click the ? and its their first post im like "Hey welcome buddy"

but i also see people describing it as this weird unintelligble source of babble where someone posts a sandwich and 8 people reply with 8 variations of "tormp" and its like, i see the peopel saying that posting alonside other trump thread regulars in other threads. i just dont understand the perception that trump thread regulars are especially weird or different they just wanna shitpost and have a general GOP thread where they can see my pillow mike's latest ramblings or a video of marjorie taylor green shouting racial slurs into the mail slot on AOC's door that dont really fall into other threads or deserve their own thread

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Athanatos posted:

I think a big part of megathreads is people bookmark them and then never leave their bookmarks. It's part of the reason I asked for cool thread suggestions in here so I could read them, and people reading this thread can find them too. Venture out, read cool stuff. Don't isolate yourself.

when baloogan was an IK his drunken solution to this was to tell people that hed probe them if they didnt make a new thread every day

obivously he was a drunk and his solution was heavy handed but, i dunno, possibly an idea of forced thread lottery. doesnt have to be good, just has to be made

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Just as one point of admin and mod feedback: Trump thread posters thought the decision to delete the thread was ill conceived and not very well thought out.

Like freezing the thread with a final post saying "We are reviewing this" would have been slightly better. But my main point is this: removing the thread made the solution "These individual posters are not bad enough to ban, but together they form a Voltron of violent death threats so the thread has to go."

I think the inconsistent nature of the solution to appease the QCS crowd was part of what got people to keep reopening it and also why I suspect it only took two tries.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

the thing to understanndd about CSPAM is that Little Shop of Horrors is the best musical in the history of the genre, with Hedwig coming in as a close second, lacking only in its lack of a Greeek choir

YouTube "little Shop ya never know" and skip to about 2:12 in. song that gets the most out of the chorus singers who are way more talented than the regular cast

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Vim Fuego posted:

Why? gang tags are like tattoos for your forums account. what about them upsets you?

its embarrassing to let people know you willingly associate with others, even on the internet. all of my posts are meant to be read by historians long after im born

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

Anyway here's a suggestion: immediately start harshly probing anyone who posts about "poofing a beefer." that one unlovable dumbass started posting it everywhere and now it seems to be catching on with a subset of brainless slugs who are too stupid or afraid to attempt their own jokes so they just post the last thing they saw that everyone seemed to like. It's the worst kind of white noise posting and should be eradicated for the good of all forums

i am in awe of how a guy who is incapable of feeling shame and lives in a cloud of weed smoke like a pilot from Dune is capable of making people this angry

ive just accepted it for what it is, calm down and it will go away. like an advertisement on local television or youtube it will go away on its own

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i got some pimento loaf beefer wrappers from the vons im so ready to smoke these girl scout cookies

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
everyone in c-spam thinks poofing beefers is dumb as gently caress and i love harton all the more fore it. he doesnt care. like as dumb as his poo poo is the fact that he can casually emerge from his weed cloud and say "beefin a poof" once in a while and drive people up the wall is lol to me

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*writes a long winded post about how peefing boofers has no traction and should be modded out of existence*

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
like these two idiots complaining about beef poofing dont even post in the trump thread, where harton peefs his boofers. thats how powerful harton's posting is. and i guarantee you 100% harton isnt reading this thread and even if i tried to explain it to him that he wouldnt understand me because hes so high

that is powerful posting that i am in awe of

dont get in hartons way. hes so high he creates his own reality

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Office Pig posted:

no you're supposed to build a case for your defendant

youre assuming the court can actually punish my client. in what way can you conceive of making harton feel shame?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im just a simple country marijuana grow op attorney, but

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
yeah it spills out when weirdos follow harton and complain about him, i guess.

is there anything c-spam can do to make harton less powerrful? or must we now acknowlege him as our god?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my efforts to know absolutely nothing about that very byob person are being thwarted and i dont like it

you are simply too weak to ignore harton. he is too high to acknowledge your existence, but you are are aware of him. he has won and you should accept it

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
just boofed from my vape pen. harton is, was, and will alwys be right

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im now a glenn greenwald guy but for harton and this is acutally way easier since harton has no strong opinions

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

why do weirdos keep coming in with demographic data of c-spam? can this forum be better run if we understand the number of the posts?

the entire point of gulliver in the land of the lilliputians is that demographic data and knowledge led the lilliputians to decide that yes, the better decision was to kill gulliver rather than keep him as a weapon. swift's point was literally: This new science of demographics will be used to kill the irish

also i didnt look at your tiny and smudged chart

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
athanatos! athanatos! im the biggest nerd and ive run the numbers on how to make your job as a mod easier!!!

-someone with no sales experience ever

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i will use this data. to be gayer

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the data says im right. prove im wrong

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i copy every post i read into an excel spreadsheet, because i am normal

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

cumshitter put down the cocaine it's tomorrow now

maybe this is a coke idea, but

the dorks close their c-spam.xcsl and dont save

and ill stop snorting

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You've spent more time posting weird chat thread poo poo in this thread than I did loving with numbers.

you crunch forum data for fun to ~create a better forums experience~ dont you dare loving talk down to me

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
love to go to c-spam to deal with the same poo poo i deal with at my job when some boomer engineer wants to give me their money: them shouting "Do you see!? Do you see!?" like the psycho from red dragon but hes pointing at a printed excel spreadsheet

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You've spent more time posting weird chat thread poo poo in this thread than I did loving with numbers.

you know that lame as burn wasn't data driven and that you were comparing apples to oranges and it eats you up inside

dork

while you were doing posting analytics, i studied the boof

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Brain Candy posted:

it agrees with my conclusion that some people can not seem to ever turn if off, therefore it's good

case closed

done

finished

how bout you read his big dumb posting anlytics poo poo and explain it to everybody in a way that doesnt make us laugh at you

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Brain Candy posted:

how about you stop gimick posting in an admin feedback thread?

lmfao

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Office Pig posted:

how'd this work out for flavius

please, explain the connection with me telling a posting analytics defender theyre a dumbass and flavius. youre reaching, try it

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

oh so there needs to be more effort posting is what I am reading.

i have a law question for you

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i need an editor

nah you just need to beef a bit

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
my only hope is that by posting i do not distort the posting data

when you post leave nothing but footsteps and take nothing but imgur uploads

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

im not reading this just tell us why youre angry. my browser jumps around because i have image uploads i havent cached but the most imporant part is that you havent told me why i should be angry at you or your little homie gay rear end friends

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
glenn greenwald is boring as gently caress and my eyes roll back into my head every time he comes up

he isnt a leftist and discussion of him isnt about leftist politics, but about getting angry at liberals on twitter, so i say move the thread to some other forum

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

He was a big factor in releasing Lula who was the leftist president of Brazil. How is that not leftist politics? Or do the brown people in Latin/South America not matter?

is he still releasing lula? is this like an ongoing process?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
something tells me that you are a fun and chill dude who enjoys life easily and that anything that bothers you must be super serious.

i am glad that you are still fighting for this subforum after all these years and support you.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fortaleza posted:

Would hopefully tighten the containment that rask mentioned so we don’t get situations like the dolphin guy making GBS threads up the veganism thread or the various goobers that go into the Glenn thread shitposting lies about him being a conservative or transphobe the scurrying away when called on it.

if dolphin was posting about his diet in your thread and you didnt enjoy it then you are broken. i love that weirdo and the insane jojo level adventures he has facing lifes mundanities

quote:

Think back to this very thread when that one goon made a good effort post with stats to back it up and how the posting quality tanked as chat thread folks reacted to it. It’s a lame annoyance that can happen to any thread and better containment might help. Things have gotten a bit better since the thread was gassed then remade and became a bit more insular so my hunch is that it would.

i am sorry i made fun of your friends smudgy screen grab of an excel spreadsheet. i say this as a professional who deals with engineers who have given me their money: i love nothing more than printouts or screen grabs of excel spreadsheets and people talking about them, especially about posting analytics

as my way of apology, here is a picture of a number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lula has since been freed. Not sure what you are trying to get at here but it's an immense win for the left in Brazil.

i only engaged with you about greenwald because i wanted to take a nap and my white noise machine is broken. greenwald is boring