Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Hi! I don't post a lot but I'm glad to see this thread since I've seen what feels like an uptick in complaints related to forums identity.

I love cspam. I visit it more consistently than any other place on the internet. My identity was shaped a great deal, for good or ill by D&D, LF, and cspam, in that order. To me, it is so many things. It's a trustworthy news aggregator (I knew about the monster heatwave on the Pacific coast before literally anyone I know). It's a place where you can gaze into the abyss and your posting bros will be right there with you exchanging glances and nodding about how totally hosed it all is. They'll also tell you to take a break when you're getting too close to the edge.

If you want to learn more about how to understand our world through the lens of leftist thought, there's a place for that. If you want to shitpost about drugs or your lunch, there a place for that too. Both of these things are political, and I'm confident that GWS doesn't want a thread about how messed up it is that the sandwich you're eating right now is subsidized with blood and human suffering.

I've never come anywhere near reading a whole thread, but I've never been treated badly when I've decided to post in one. I've often learned something useful when I have done so, in fact.

Of the things that are bad, there are only two that I struggle with. Sadly, good posters have been run off not only by lovely moderation, but by its absence. I've seen more than one person run out of the forum due to creepy harassment (I miss snoo). Also the recent influx of liberals coming in to tell us about how no everything is fine, actually, has been irritating, but seems to have been meet with the appropriate (for this space) level of derision. So I'm not sure that problem requires a solution.

Also I don't mind admitting that I've gotten quite a few laughs from encountering novel misspellings of trump long after a was sure they'd been exhausted.

Thanks for being here cspam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU