Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

I absolutely loved Witcher 2 and played the entire game at 640x480 and a locked 20fps bc anything higher would melt my laptop's built/in GPU. I couldn't read a single line of menu text bc of how blocky the letters was. I've never tried 3

jesus christ lol

They should give you a medal, and a straitjacket to pin it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I absolutely loved Witcher 2 and played the entire game at 640x480 and a locked 20fps bc anything higher would melt my laptop's built/in GPU. I couldn't read a single line of menu text bc of how blocky the letters was. I've never tried 3

lmao

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

In Training posted:

drat you went through hell lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Hiraeth posted:

actually you know what i'd probably throw the MGS games into the pile of "games i want to play but am scared i wouldn't be into", mainly because nobody doesn't like MGS and if you are one of the few that do then it's basically a sin

don't get me wrong, the lore is insane, the characters are memorable, i can respect kojima's craft. but i'm really not that great at stealth games and i feel like i'd play badly enough to where it would sour my experience. on the other hand it seems like it's pretty much everyone's entryway into the stealth "genre" (unless you're old enough to have been playing thief back in the day) so i'm probably just feeling Gamer Anxiety™ about the whole thing

you can disregard stealth and just go all rambo and still have fun with mgs3 and the ones after. There are tons of weapons and absurd items in the later games for any playstyle, especially V

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

elf help book posted:

i thought i didnt like stealth games before i played mgs but it turned out i didnt like stealth segments in normal games

This is a very good way of explaining why everyone should at least try MGS

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training posted:

lmao

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

some plague rats posted:

Playing mgs 3 on hard sucks so bad. Oh I'm moving from crabgrass into veldemanns green, time to go through three menus to change my camo from tiger stripe to olive drab because if my index drops below 85% I will be domed instantly from ten miles away by a guy who's not even looking

I want to poison men with frogs, hit them with beehives and do cqc in the camo that makes them barf, not play as the world's saddest earthworm

Tall grass and line of sight always works too, you don't have to micromanage your camo. Playing 3 on Extreme is the best MGS experience overall imo. Game over if spotted I do 50% of the time. I do wish there was an option for "Game Over if somebody manages to call in an alert or reinforcements" so you still have a chance to take a guard out if he sees you but before he calls for backup.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

You’re the person they made the ps4/xbox one versions of Cyberpunk for.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

You’re the person they made the ps4/xbox one versions of Cyberpunk for.

You're the person with an ongoing playthru Games Megathread.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You're the person with an ongoing playthru Games Megathread.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

IdealFlaws posted:

you can disregard stealth and just go all rambo and still have fun with mgs3 and the ones after. There are tons of weapons and absurd items in the later games for any playstyle, especially V

"Huh, night vision goggles. We don't have this type of tech in the US"

"Yeah, cool huh. Why were they keeping them in a hollow log?"

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Sorry if this is posted 100x in here but honestly: majora's mask

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I didn’t necessarily think I would hate it but I basically bought Ghost of Tushima because I had nothing else to play and it was reviewing well. I knew nothing about it other than the flute guy from E3 and wasn’t expecting anything special. It was easily one of my favorite games of the year, maybe even of the whole PS4 library.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

some plague rats posted:

Playing mgs 3 on hard sucks so bad. Oh I'm moving from crabgrass into veldemanns green, time to go through three menus to change my camo from tiger stripe to olive drab because if my index drops below 85% I will be domed instantly from ten miles away by a guy who's not even looking

I want to poison men with frogs, hit them with beehives and do cqc in the camo that makes them barf, not play as the world's saddest earthworm

the things you said here own though... the only thing that doesnt own is the ps2s loading time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I didn't think I would hate it, I just didnt have a strong opinion about it as space and horror are not usually things I enjoy, however- I played Prey on Series X with the fps boost and it will now likely be my favorite game of 2021.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

you and that guy who decided to get into the final fantasy series by playing the final fantasy 3 3D remake must be in the same ward

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Mgs1. The box shows a military dude and you fight tanks!!! Wow holy poo poo! Use over 20 weapons!! Enemies can react to sound! This looks like some rainbow six bargain bin piece of poo poo.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

you and that guy who decided to get into the final fantasy series by playing the final fantasy 3 3D remake must be in the same ward

that person can't possibly exist can they

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Wanted to get into Zelda games because I've been hearing so much about them, and played this game called Adventures of Link. Worst side-scroller I've ever played, I can't imagine why everyone loves Zelda so much

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Wanted to get into Zelda games because I've been hearing so much about them, and played this game called Adventures of Link. Worst side-scroller I've ever played, I can't imagine why everyone loves Zelda so much

adventure of link is good though...

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

P-Mack posted:

adventure of link is good though...

definitely not as bad as FF3 DS

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i've hated every roguelite i've ever played so i completely avoided hades. i wish i hadnt tho because its loving great.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

IDK but I remembered this post:

AverySpecialfriend posted:

The only KH game I ever played start to finish was Chain of Memories which was fairly deece but mostly I remember it for being the precursor to TWEWY

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Ul0qSQgeA

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

im also a Only Played Chain of Memories guy

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

ArfJason posted:

Mgs1. The box shows a military dude and you fight tanks!!! Wow holy poo poo! Use over 20 weapons!! Enemies can react to sound! This looks like some rainbow six bargain bin piece of poo poo.

Lol I would not have played mgs1 on my own if it weren't for that ps1 demo disc from pizza hut that had mgs1, crash bandicoot 3 and others. I thought this would be as close as video games ever got to movies

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

one of my most hated games

incidentally, my curious love for FF2GBA might have something to do with the save anywhere function

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

It's weird because I played the actual FF3 on an emulator and it was a good game for what it was. It feel like the guy in charge of the remaster thought he had to make it as hard and grindy as people assume an unreleased NES era final fantasy game would be.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i wouldn't say "hate," but i played through Journey this morning and went in thinking it wouldn't be my cup of tea. definitely started off slow, but i'll be damned if it didn't win me over by the end, as short as it is.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Arrhythmia posted:

Twewy... ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rodbeard posted:

It's weird because I played the actual FF3 on an emulator and it was a good game for what it was. It feel like the guy in charge of the remaster thought he had to make it as hard and grindy as people assume an unreleased NES era final fantasy game would be.

Ff3 os bad no matter how u play it. Case closed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thought of an answer for this. It’s in another thread that I forgot already though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

If there was a thread about games that you thought you’d never like but you love them then Morrowind is it for me which I only played more than five minutes of about a year ago.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Me upon hearing about the Pokemon phenomenon: is this some kind of virtual pet poo poo
Me after spending 2 hours in an evening playing Red: so my team is strong against plant and bug types, but I need something to beat water...time to level grind this pikachu

Wound up in a race against my brother (i had Red, he had Blue) to complete the game first. I beat the campaign first, but he got to 150 pokemon first.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I could never be bothered buying red and blue to go with the yellow I had to finish off the pokedex

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I didn't think Yakuza was going to be my kind of game, I had 0 installed for like a year before launching it. Well,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the first videos of Guilty Gear Strive + the way the developers were talking about making it a streamlined, simple Guilty Gear made me think it was gonna wind up sucking. I still don't like the UI, the menus or the lobbies but it's so goddamn fun and it's become my go-to fg if I got a half hour to kill.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

welcome posted:

I didn't think Yakuza was going to be my kind of game, I had 0 installed for like a year before launching it. Well,

welcome, welcome.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I didn't necessarily think I would hate it but I didn't expect logging more hours into DQ XI than any of my other Steam games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

welcome posted:

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I didn't necessarily think I would hate it but I didn't expect logging more hours into DQ XI than any of my other Steam games

ya love to see it