Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i'm only holding off on yakuza b/c i know imps are right enough that it'll sidetrack all my other games until i play like six of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
everyone said mass effect 3 was really bad but its really only the story thats bad. the gameplay is killer, i probably sunk a thousand hours into the multiplayer when it came out and am currently having a great time playing the remaster and skipping all the cutscenes and dialogue.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scary ghost dog posted:

everyone said mass effect 3 was really bad but its really only the story thats bad. the gameplay is killer, i probably sunk a thousand hours into the multiplayer when it came out and am currently having a great time playing the remaster and skipping all the cutscenes and dialogue.

agreed. og mass effect ragdoll physics were charming though imo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

I used to play ME3 multiplayer every day like it was my job

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Personally I think ME 3 has some real high points and the combat was the most fun of the three. It just has some real low points mixed in with it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

scary ghost dog posted:

the multiplayer was real good i gotta hand them that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I only played ME1 and didn't play the others because it was extremely bad.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It's the worst one, easily

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

i liked the story of me1 enough to keep playing them but yeah the gameplay is like an insane car crash of bad decisions lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ME1 was maybe the first time as someone with a mostly formed brain I was insulted and disgusted by a game. But I thought ME2 was Reece enough to finish it once. Edit: Deece.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I only played ME1 and didn't play the others because it was extremely bad.

same except i played me2 twice in a row b/c it owns.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

the yakuza games

got a bit burned out on the formula a few hours into 3 though so I'm taking a break from the series

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i don't think i ever thought i would hate the yakuza games, i just figured that they'd be run-of-the-mill open world fodder, and now i love about half of them more than the witcher 3. i have to find a way to get my gaming group to play them so that they can get the inside jokes.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I thought Maneater would just be pure jank and lovely edgelord humor but I tried it on gamepass and it's actually a surprisingly chill and funny game about a climate-change-ravaged hellscape, and the swimming mostly feels really good

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

I thought Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor was going to be a mediocre attempt to get more cash out of the LOTR franchise but it ended up being one of my favourite games

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Assassins creed origins.

really loved 2/brotherhood and did not enjoy how the games started to move away from that, when I heard how different this one was I wasn’t interested

It actually works way better as an RPG!

BadFilmBestFilm
Jun 2, 2021
Seconding Nier: Automata, I wound up a mate on Discord who mentioned it. Big arse android saves the world, aye?

Turned out to be a story which couldn't be told in a medium other than games, smoothly switching between genres. Ambitious and well executed when so much could have gone horribly wrong. It is very anime, which isn't my thing but it's executed well enough that it didn't matter. A genuinely unique piece of work.

BadFilmBestFilm fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 8, 2022

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

BadFilmBestFilm posted:

Seconding Nier: Automata, I wound up a mate on Discord who mentioned it. Big arse android saves the world, aye?

you have no right to talk down to anime.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BadFilmBestFilm posted:

And?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

BadFilmBestFilm posted:

Turned out to be a story which couldn't be told in a medium other than games, smoothly switching between genres. Ambitious and well executed when so much could have gone horribly wrong. It is very anime, which isn't my thing but it's executed well enough that it didn't matter. A genuinely unique piece of work.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/376424398023962624

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blimey, this andy wif a big arse ain’t got no knickers guv

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm thinking about how much I want to **** 2B.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Proper fit bird that 2B (pronounces B like "Bed" for some reason)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Average Bear posted:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

BadFilmBestFilm posted:

You wound up in a mans rear end, topic locked

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Average Bear posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Day Zed 2 Bed mod

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Average Bear posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Average Bear posted:

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Average Bear posted:

lmfao

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Average Bear posted:

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Average Bear posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao