Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

man nurse posted:

Most recently, Final Fantasy 14. I decided to give the free trial a spin on PS5 expecting to shelve it soon after because of my dislike of MMOs in general, and, well, now I’m level 60 and have Endwalker preordered.

FF14 was the first thing that came to mind for me too. I put tons of time into WoW over the years and was pretty sick of that MMO formula, and never really cared for Final Fantasy either. People constantly heaping praise on FF14 got me to try the free trial, and whoops that game owns.

Then I played Dragon Quest XI and suddenly I'm a dipshit in my 30s finally learning that actually, JRPGs are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

lol, of course. But it's a genre that I pretty much entirely ignored, except for Chrono Trigger and Persona 4 & 5, for a long-rear end time. There are a ton of gems out there to eventually catch up on.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

HolePisser1982 posted:

I only bought Dark Souls because people wouldnt shut the gently caress up about it in seemingly every fyad thread I wanted to read or post in. And the rest is history, haha! *hastily trying to flip past all the pages in the photo book showing me getting my rear end drilled out by hollows for months*

lol

A good friend of mine got me to try Dark Souls. I got killed by the Bell Gargoyles a few times and when I finally decided to summon Solaire and just hopefully get it over with, I got invaded and killed in one hit. I almost quit for good right then and there lmao. Thankfully my friend convinced me to keep at it and it became one of my all time favorite games.

Mr. Baps fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 24, 2021