Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
My and a buddy played through pretty much every Final Fantasy (except MMOs) together, really loving the good ones and making fun of the bad ones which was also great. We hated FF13, so when I got FF13-2 next I fully expected another journey of lulz

Instead, we both ended up enjoying it so much that I bought the PC version so we could remotely replay it after moving to different cities! 13-2 is radically more open than 13 was (surely both as a reaction to critique and also because they had a bunch of unrelated assets lying around), but that's great and hella fun to explore, and the monsters-as-pokemon aspect ended up being extremely addictive. The story is some of the dumbest nonsense I ever experienced but that's all fine, the gameplay rules

except for the clock puzzles those are horseshit, but can't all be perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Reach best Halo 4 sure

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Yeah Isaac taught me that the - to me at the time - fully absurd concept of "you lose all* progress when you die" doesn't have to mean the game is impossible to enjoy

*I didn't know that you'd keep unlocking permanent upgrades, that helps a lot admittedly

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Have you told him by now or will this be a secret looming higher and higher, threatening to shatter your friendship if ever exposed?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

SaGa games in general, but especially Unlimited SaGa. People had hyped it up as this super incomprehensible nonsense game, and...tbh it kind of is, but I was really tempted to see for myself. But I kinda got into it and understood more and more what it was going for, getting a feel for how it wanted me to play it, and my characters got better and I could follow a bit of a plan for them, and I had a lot of fun. Even the roulette wheel to select attacks (and determining chest contents etc) I got used to despite hating random stuff like that. It's weird but chill and good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

definitely not as bad as FF3 DS
one of my most hated games

incidentally, my curious love for FF2GBA might have something to do with the save anywhere function