Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

when i started Bloodborne i was like "what the hell? this is what everyone was talking about?" and then around the time i got to the point where i could reliably clear through huge crowds, the appeal just suddenly clicked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

i'm not really into musuo-style games because i played one when i was a kid and found it boring pretty quickly but hyrule warriors ended up being a lot of fun

i thought dynasty warriors 2 looked stupid when i saw some of my friends playing it, then one day one of them handed me a controller and i got addicted. i only ever played with friends on their files until hyrule warriors though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

I only bought Dark Souls because people wouldnt shut the gently caress up about it in seemingly every fyad thread I wanted to read or post in. And the rest is history, haha! *hastily trying to flip past all the pages in the photo book showing me getting my rear end drilled out by hollows for months*

lol, the Miyazaki experience.

Walrus Pete posted:

lol, of course. But it's a genre that I pretty much entirely ignored, except for Chrono Trigger and Persona 4 & 5, for a long-rear end time. There are a ton of gems out there to eventually catch up on.

i mean if you're going to go for just one, chrono trigger definitely isn't a bad choice at least. the only problem with catching up with JRPGs is that a lot of the square enix ports are downright hostile in how bad they are, so picking which version you want to play gets harder and harder, but there are always people willing to help and at the end of the day, emulation is there.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

some plague rats posted:

Yeah I hated 2, just an absolute poo poo experience, so I didn't even bother with 3 until like last year when it was in sale for pennies and after playing it for a couple hours I called in sick to work for three days straight to keep playing it

the difference between 2 and 3 is insane, lol.

my brother and i have been playing 3 over discord and just finished it tonight. i'd forgotten a lot of things about the ending.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

I absolutely loved Witcher 2 and played the entire game at 640x480 and a locked 20fps bc anything higher would melt my laptop's built/in GPU. I couldn't read a single line of menu text bc of how blocky the letters was. I've never tried 3

you and that guy who decided to get into the final fantasy series by playing the final fantasy 3 3D remake must be in the same ward

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i don't think i ever thought i would hate the yakuza games, i just figured that they'd be run-of-the-mill open world fodder, and now i love about half of them more than the witcher 3. i have to find a way to get my gaming group to play them so that they can get the inside jokes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Blimey, this andy wif a big arse ain’t got no knickers guv

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bouillon Rube posted:

Got Cyberpunk for like $9 at Target a few weeks ago not expecting much, but 5 hours in it’s crazy good on my ps5

buy the double jump legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

:stare: you can get anything at target these days

lol