Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Orc Priest posted:

So my motherboard which came out in the ancient age of 2018 is obsolete now I guess because it doesn't support TPM and doesn't have a module to install one. Built this PC last year lol. Guess I'll be one of those holdouts who is on the previous version of windows for the next decade.

Did you check your BIOS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Will it move my desktop icons back and forth between displays when switching scaling/primary display?

I can't speak for the rest, but this works differently in Windows 11 than it has in the past. It remembers how your windows and icons were arranged on each monitor setup. Not sure what if any limits or quirks exist in the implementation right now, but it works great on both my laptop and my desktop when changing monitor configurations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Why don't you want to reinstall Windows? If you have this much garbage floating around your system it's probably going to be easier to backup your files and reinstall, and you'll most likely have a more performant computer in the end.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Maigius posted:

Is there a way to force the right click menu to show all the goddamn options and not like half of them with a show more option?

I used this guide to edit the registry and restore the right click menu. I haven't had any problems.

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-open-full-right-click-menu-by-default-windows-11/