Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

redeyes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dNuR16gJ2A

What in the hell.... more of this garbage blaming the CPUs for Windows 11 lag.

What windows 11 lag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

wa27 posted:

Uninstalling irfanview brought back all my extensions. I guess the key is to skip past the file association part of the installer. Admittedly there is a message at the top of this saying something to that effect, which I missed because I normally breeze through this installer on win10 and below.

Installing without doing this and changing extensions manually worked fine.

Windows is trying to make it harder for "random programs" to steal file associations, thus this new thing. It totally agitates the semi-educated, but for most people this is a real positive change. That some random browser cannot steal all file associations for every file to give you a "PAY US OR YOU CANT OPEN ANYTHING" sort of deal.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

redeyes posted:

What? It has no 'scrolling smoothness' What are you talking about.

I assume they mean the Processes tab, App History, and maybe users? (but that's unlikely to scroll).

The scroll feels janky, compared to like a website scroll on somethingawful.com or even the services list. I'm guessing no one who works on it cares about this issue, assuming they even see it as an issue.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Mozi posted:

How do I make the taskbar aligned with the left side of the screen? Like not on the bottom with the icons on the left, fully on the left side. I found a regedit tweak that was supposed to do this but every time Explorer restarts it reverts that change.

Day 2 with Windows 11 and the amount of things I absolutely hate about it outweigh any improvements over 10 by a factor of 2 at least. I'm not sure I'll be able to hang with it.

You'd need some sort of tool, you cannot by default.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

down1nit posted:

I have a Trashcan Mac running Sonoma that's feeling old finally, but still does videos fine. I notice it's lag more and more.

Is there a generally accepted Mac Mini year that's not awful/unupgradeable? Definitely don't need anything M based yet. Suppose the Mac thread is best.

You don't buy mac minis to upgrade them. AFAIK, no.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Sininu posted:

Onedrive hijacks print screen and alt+print screen shortcuts and I can't do anything about it? There's nothing about shortcuts in its settings... And save screenshots to onedrive is off already.

What do you mean hijacks? Like you press print screen and your one drive folder popsup? In windows 11 it should default to the sniping tool, which can save images to your one drive.

Sininu posted:

Also why do I have to log into all the MS products again every 2-4 weeks? I'm logged into their thing on Windows so why can't they just use that information? Some services require me to re-enter my password and 2fa code, while others just want me to click on log-in. Madness

Yeah, nothing new here. Its never worked that seamlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Sininu posted:

If I set Onedrive to start with Windows ShareX can't register the hotkeys for itself because Onedrive took them already.
I've been always just using Dropbox, but I'm trying out Onedrive for more free storage.

If you go check in Settings > Accessibility > Use the Print screen key to Open Screen Capture

Is that on or off? If its on try toggling off and rebooting and see if share X will work?

I've never heard of ShareX, but I know tons of people using various different screen capture tools on W11 without an issue. Half my team uses a stupidly old program we have a license for that windows 7 wasn't even a twinkle in its eyes, and its still working fine.